My 3 Day Creation Deck - 3 in 1 Lenormand.

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
DownUnderNZer

Re: My 3 Day Creation Deck - 3 in 1 Lenormand.

Post by DownUnderNZer »

BEING PRINTED OFF AND ON THE WAY SOON!!!

Made a few last minute changes and worked on the numbering being positioned as correct as I could get it.

As it is my first attempt, and probably the only one, I am not going to be too hard on myself although I hope the printing company I chose is well worth it.

My very first personal deck with a few extra options including registered mail cost under AU$100.00.

I decided to get plastic cards done as:

A) Flexible, bendable, and springs back into straight form or shape when you bend them back then let go.
B) Will last a lot longer than anything made with paper and/or cardboard.
C) Waterproof.
D) Same results with images when it comes to clarity and color.

A big thank you to the available resources out there that made it possible.

If I LOVE them when I get THEM I might even invest in a second one plus design a proper custom made tuck or rigid box.

As it is close to Christmas - an early present to myself!

Now on to researching more on websites and then I have to get a start on my next project which hopefully will be just as fun and productive.

DND :wave:
Last edited by DownUnderNZer on 11 Nov 2017, 11:56, edited 3 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

That sounds well worth the money for such a unique deck of your own :thumbup: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

PLASTIC PLAYING CARD VIDEO
(51 secs)

If anyone is interested in knowing what plastic playing cards are like then this video will give you an idea. (Not the company I am using).

Am not sure yet if I will be using mine and/or just pulling cards and photographing them when showing spreads and/or talking about cards online etc.

LINK: Plastic Playing Cards
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

And.....

In the graphic program I jumbled all the images up, down, back and forth to see how well they match one another in size and image. Very pleased indeed. I just hope it is printed out the same with no mistakes or any modifications. If no changes or errors - it will be the perfect and ideal Lenormand deck that checks all the boxes for me.
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

SNAPSHOT VIEW

This is a snapshot view of some of them, including "Letter (28)" which I've already shown, with the back design I have chosen.

I am sure, although on the small side, you will see how they will look.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

SNAPSHOT VIEW II

Thought it might be an idea to show what it is like with at least one Man and one Woman card. In this is one of my Child cards and the Tower from deck one.

I actually put these together as they are not this way in the program.

With the Child card this was another one I was very selective about as I am totally against exploitation and/or exposure that would put any child at risk. It was a top priority and no compromises whatsoever.

I wanted a certain element of innocence and no mistaking that it was a child being depicted yet no real way of identifying the child either. I have two girls and one boy.

All three show a child being a child and captures them in a way that is sweet, adorable, and rather natural. Not posers with one hand on the hips and the other on their heads like fake miniature models.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

SEEING WHAT THEY WILL LOOK LIKE WITH THE NUMBERS IN COLOR.

I did not really want to place importance on the numbers being white or black, but I suppose now is a good time as any to see what they are like if just white, black, or mixed.

One good thing I noticed with the Blue Owl tonight is that not all the images are one size - just the numbers and the borders.

WHITE NUMBERS:

BLACK NUMBERS:

MIXED:

I think I like it whether one color or mixed!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

Thanks so much for showing us these. Please let us know how you like the finished product.
I hope it turns out how you want it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Thanks! Am looking forward to when they email me to say: "SHIPPED".

Read the fine lines and am aware that sometimes, only a slight possibility, the trimming can be done a bit wrong or off. Think that must be standard for all.

So, I am hoping they do not mess it up too much and that the ink sets well etc etc etc.

For the amount paid I do expect some degree of quality, but mistakes do happen or the unexpected.

Crossing fingers that all turns out fine.

Joan Marie wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 11:35 Thanks so much for showing us these. Please let us know how you like the finished product.
I hope it turns out how you want it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Finally it is printed and on the way!

Between 14 days and whatever. With registered and/or insured mail it can take a bit longer.

Excited and cannot wait!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links