Getting to know the Tree of Life

For newbies and rabbis alike.

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Canid

Re: Getting to know the Tree of Life

Post by Canid » 04 Jan 2019, 17:41

Any Kabbalists around? I’m learning & I’m in love! WHAT was I waiting for?! This deck is pretty cool too...
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 10 Jan 2019, 09:13

I don't know whether I'd call myself a kabbalist because that's such a huge thing to be... but I do have put my feet on the ladder and I'm climbing steadily. I don't know how much process I'm making but I'm fascinated by the topic and discover more and more wonderful things.

ETA: Kabbalah for the tarot is just a tiny branch of the whole mystical forest that's called kabbalah. It's also very functionalized, Christianized and was developed by people who saw kabbalah and the Hebrew Bible through Christian and neo-Platonic eyes, and who didn't really know Hebrew. I'm quite familiar with this branch of kabbalah and very much aware that it's not the whole thing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 10 Jan 2019, 13:14

Nemia wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 09:13
I don't know whether I'd call myself a kabbalist because that's such a huge thing to be... but I do have put my feet on the ladder and I'm climbing steadily. I don't know how much process I'm making but I'm fascinated by the topic and discover more and more wonderful things.

ETA: Kabbalah for the tarot is just a tiny branch of the whole mystical forest that's called kabbalah. It's also very functionalized, Christianized and was developed by people who saw kabbalah and the Hebrew Bible through Christian and neo-Platonic eyes, and who didn't really know Hebrew. I'm quite familiar with this branch of kabbalah and very much aware that it's not the whole thing.
I am too. I realize I’m just getting my toes wet & it’s fascinating! Connections & ‘ah-ha!’s are popping up all the time. I’ve dipped into it in the past, but briefly, because it seemed so incredibly complicated but recently I HAVE to know.
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Kabbalah”