9 of Swords

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Serpentwand
Global Moderator

9 of Swords

Post by Serpentwand »

Drawn regarding another forum I’m on which is run by a supplier of sex toys, lingerie, bondage gear etc.

It’s obviously not a favourable card although I’m trying to put my finger on just what the problem with that forum is. The novelty, hearing people’s secrets and looking at their sexy photos were quite exciting for a couple of months but I’ve been losing interest recently, it’s all rather repetitive and there are too many posts to keep up with. Perhaps the identically shaped and parallel swords suggest everything there points the same way, and the chips in the blades indicate a process of wearing out.

The drops of blood, sweat and whirling windmills give the idea of mental suffering, but what exactly is the Cruelty causing this? I can see the posts from members in satisfying relationships stimulating envy and despair in others less fortunate, and there’s also the encouragement to buy an endless stream of products, just as we see on Tarot forums, looking for that perfect one (the user profiles even link to people’s product reviews). Or could the issue simply be the discussions themselves, thoughts, ideas and intellectual concepts going round and round, cutting one off from one’s own real life experience or just staying in one’s mind as when trying to think of a reply to post to some question?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: 9 of Swords

Post by Michael Sternbach »

"The drops of blood, sweat and whirling windmills give the idea of mental suffering, but what exactly is the Cruelty causing this?"

The cruelty referred to is more often than not self-inflicted, i.e. cruelty towards oneself as in agonising about something, "beating oneself up", "racking one's brain".

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 13:20 The cruelty referred to is more often than not self-inflicted, i.e. cruelty towards oneself as in agonising about something, "beating oneself up", "racking one's brain".
Ah, racking my brain over what to reply sounds right. I’ve decided not to spend very long on there, just look at a post or two that really interest me and get out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

After making the effort to help someone by pointing out the real root cause of their problem - ”Yes, it is wrong to want to feel desired and needed because it makes you dependent and needy” - only to find the next day it had been deleted without explanation, I think the real cruelty is the often incomprehensible moderation. Running a sex forum in accordance with corporate political correctness theory is never going to work well. Another comment of mine that got censored was saying that fireworks going off every single night was due to living in a multicultural society where nearly every day on the calendar meant something to someone. The taboo phrase “multicultural society” was simply erased. :icon_mad:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links