Court cards in the Tabula Mundi

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Court cards in the Tabula Mundi

Post by Nemia »

Excellent, thank you. I still find it confusing. Knights are Kether and Princes Tif'eret - but Tif'eret is associated with the Sun which makes me think of Fire, not Air...

HELP!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

My understanding is that the Knights/Kings relate to Chokma as the Father (this is another reason I choose to put Uranus - the "Sky Father" - there instead of the Zodiac or Crowley's Neptune), the Queens to Bina as the Mother, The Princes to Tipharet as the Son and the Princesses to Malkuth as the Daughter.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yes, I should breathe and think before I write :icon_e_wink: Kether is for the Aces, Chochma for the Knights/Kings, Bina for the Queens, Tif'eret for the Prince and Malkuth for the Princess (and that's why Ace and Princess are so close to each other, they're the connection points between the worlds). And still, Tif'eret and Air - hm, I don't know... but there is no other way.

Chochma, intelligence, would "fit" better with Air, and Tif'eret, Glory, to the Sun and Fire. But certainly Uranus is great for Chochma.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

Nemia wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 13:29 Yes, I should breathe and think before I write :icon_e_wink: Kether is for the Aces, Chochma for the Knights/Kings, Bina for the Queens, Tif'eret for the Prince and Malkuth for the Princess (and that's why Ace and Princess are so close to each other, they're the connection points between the worlds). And still, Tif'eret and Air - hm, I don't know... but there is no other way.

Chochma, intelligence, would "fit" better with Air, and Tif'eret, Glory, to the Sun and Fire. But certainly Uranus is great for Chochma.
Well, you do get one of four. :icon_cool: Knight/King of Swords is connected to Air and Prince of Wands to Fire. Just forget that first part, "Fire of . . ." and "Air of . . ." Or you could use one of those decks that swap them around (very possibly for the reasons you mention). Before you ask, I can't remember which ones; most just swap the elemental correspondences of Wands and Swords.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Egg of Blue

Post by Egg of Blue »

A couple of days early, since we don't enter the decan until March 10th, but here is the Queen of Wands post:
http://www.tabulamundi.com/matter-and-s ... eflection/
This is of the 4: there is a fifth who is invisible, & therein am I as a babe in an egg.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I just went shopping in your wonderful shop... I love your work so much! The depth, both artistic and esoteric, of your deck is wonderful. It's a real key to the kingdom. And your articles are so insightful, so interesting. Thank you for all you do!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links