What forms of divination do you want to learn? Or whst area would you like to learn more?

Moderator: Barleywine

Jo Ann
Founder

Re: What forms of divination do you want to learn? Or whst area would you like to learn more?

Post by Jo Ann » 07 Feb 2018, 15:31

I don't know. people toenails would be interesting.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SEELE-01

Re: What forms of divination do you want to learn? Or whst area would you like to learn more?

Post by SEELE-01 » 07 Feb 2018, 18:06

Geomancy
Thera was a form I read about years ago that used sand and wood, colored sticks.
One would flatten the sand on a cloth and the consultant would imprint their hands on the sand, then they would trow the sticks on the imprints and the patterns formed by the sticks (where they landed, next to which ones, etc) was interpreted...

Anyone knows that method?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 07 Feb 2018, 22:52

thera sounds interesting and you could probably use the colored sticks in the pick up sticks game to do the reading.

it sounds a bit like charmcasting too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 08 Feb 2018, 12:11

SEELE-01 wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 18:06
Geomancy
Thera was a form I read about years ago that used sand and wood, colored sticks.
One would flatten the sand on a cloth and the consultant would imprint their hands on the sand, then they would trow the sticks on the imprints and the patterns formed by the sticks (where they landed, next to which ones, etc) was interpreted...

Anyone knows that method?
Never heard of it but I would like to know more about it. What Country does it originated?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 08 Feb 2018, 12:19

Grizabella wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 13:52
For me, it's Kipper cards I want to learn more. I have Ciro's Fin de Seicle and the little book that goes with the deck is the only book I have. I think it will do me though, so I don't plan to buy any other book. I've only seen one on Amazon anyway.

I'm quite happy with my cards of various kinds, so there's nothing else I'm really interested in learning. If something comes along that I feel a pressing curiosity about, I'll go for it but for now, I'm fine.
I do have his deck and his little booket, it is very good but incomplete, I am learning by the card geeks book which has more details and speads.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 08 Feb 2018, 12:23

Jo Ann wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 15:31
I don't know. people toenails would be interesting.
toenails lets don't go there lol🤡

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 » 08 Feb 2018, 12:39

Belinda2 wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:11
Never heard of it but I would like to know more about it. What Country does it originated?
No idea... That's why I was asking :icon_lol:
I read about it in a magic book once while waiting in the book section for my mom to end some shopping... Couldn't find the book later... Can't even remember it's name...

All I remember was that you needed a kilo of sand (dune sand) and around 12 sticks that were colored green, red, blue, yellow, black, etc. Meaning was obtained depending on where the sticks landed in relation to the hand imprints and each other... That's about all I remember...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 08 Feb 2018, 16:09

Years and years ago, from this strange little book shoppe loved in the strip district in Pittsburgh, i got this little blue box of cards called sex spells or something. no book, just cards. This was way before tarot and oracles. I even got, I think, goddess wisdom there.

I still have both, but i keep forgetting to get that list blue velvet box out and check out the cards. I am going to have to do that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 08 Feb 2018, 18:25

oh, the mysteries of pittsburgh! so, you’re young and you’re in the stripper district, you buy a little deck in an unmarked velvet box containing sex spells... :icon_e_confused:

was the bookstore called XXX by any chance? :icon_lol:

just kidding. those cards sound intriguing, i hope you find them. anything that comes in a velvet box sounds cool. my friend has an old dali deck and it came in a red velvet slide out box that looks so nice together with the deck’s gold edging.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 08 Feb 2018, 18:41

ROFLOL i never thought of that. that way. but now i can see how it sounds a bit like standing under the street light. LOL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Divination: Diverse Methods”