Scrying

Moderator: Barleywine

Joan Marie

Scrying

Post by Joan Marie » 17 Sep 2017, 07:36

Saw this article in Spiral Nature.

It's a primer on the art of scrying: http://bit.ly/2jy8X6I

I was sort of shocked to see that I have an object that looks quite like the one in the article.

here's mine, it's not as clear as the one in the article but it has a lot of interesting effects in the light:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Re: Scrying

Post by CharlotteK » 18 Sep 2017, 11:58

Have you tried scryng Joan? I haven't and I am intrigued. I like the idea of trying with a shallow bowl of water and a candle but find the screen options fascinating too!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie » 18 Sep 2017, 15:36

CharlotteKAT wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 11:58
Have you tried scryng Joan? I haven't and I am intrigued. I like the idea of trying with a shallow bowl of water and a candle but find the screen options fascinating too!
I have tried it. Not yet. Careful with the candle though, it can hurt your eyes. There are meditation techniques where you stare into a flame, but when I tried it hurt my eyes. Maybe I did it wrong.

Scrying seems to be a lost art. I'd love to hear from anyone who practices it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

katrinka

Post by katrinka » 21 Sep 2017, 00:16

Joan Marie wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 15:36
CharlotteKAT wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 11:58
I have tried it. Not yet. Careful with the candle though, it can hurt your eyes. There are meditation techniques where you stare into a flame, but when I tried it hurt my eyes. Maybe I did it wrong.

Scrying seems to be a lost art. I'd love to hear from anyone who practices it.
It's not lost. Chapter III "Preliminaries" will get you there if you keep practicing. It takes awhile. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26622?m ... e_stranger

Personally, I never had any luck with candles. Too much flickering. A dim, steady light is best.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Divination: Diverse Methods”