The Labyrinth Oracle: Cards for the Spiritual "Path"

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
Cruiser1

The Labyrinth Oracle: Cards for the Spiritual "Path"

Post by Cruiser1 »

"The Labyrinth Oracle: Cards for the Spiritual Path" is a deck with the theme of Mazes and Labyrinths. It's designed for spiritual seekers and is therefore less material in its focus. It has 109 cards, which is much more than the 78 in a standard Tarot deck. Instead of four suits centered around the four elements, it has three suits (Arches, Flags, and Obelisks) centered around the cardinal/fixed/mutable modes of being. See above for example artwork, and see below for the "Seven" cards from each suit.

I designed the deck, and my sister created all 109 pieces of artwork. The following article describes the creation process of the Seven of Arches card in detail, with pictures of the drawing in progress: http://kathypullen.com/nl/?nid=89747

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: The Labyrinth Oracle: Cards for the Spiritual "Path"

Post by Serpentwand »

Welcome to the forum :wave: . That's a very neatly drawn deck and it's great to see a decent number of cards. The Labyrinth theme is interesting and I like that Room card. It's like part of the public gardens I'll be taking one of the dogs round at lunchtime, which has a lot of different sections hidden by tall hedges :icon_cool: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I had a lot of labyrinthine fun yesterday :icon_e_biggrin: . To start with, when working I play music from a player in which I work through the albums in alphabetical order. The first one yesterday was Art Bears "Hopes & Fears" which in addition to having a labyrinth symbol on the insert and printed on the CD itself, actually contains two songs entitled "Labyrinth" and "Maze". Then when I got to the gardens they had a notice up with the same symbol saying they were going to make an actual labyrinth there. On returning I said to Mrs 2dogs that the Enchanted Map Oracle cards had a labyrinth card, I really didn't think I could cut it out of the deck but would have a go as it worked for a Tarot card a few weeks back. Well I failed to get it, at which point she said "give it here and let me have a go" - and cut it straight out :icon_e_surprised: . So it would be interesting to see what you could do with these cards - we have a monthly Oracle exchange group going which you would be welcome to join next month :thumbup: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

What a beautiful and totally original approach to designing a deck.

Is the deck finished? Available for purchase?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Cruiser1

Post by Cruiser1 »

2dogs wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 02:31Welcome to the forum :wave: . I had a lot of labyrinthine fun yesterday :icon_e_biggrin: .
Thank you! :) In recent years, walking a Labyrinth has become a popular spiritual activity and a tool used to gain insight. The Labyrinth Oracle is a related method that uses Labyrinths and Mazes for insight and inspiration.
Joan Marie wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 11:30Is the deck finished? Available for purchase?
Yes, the Labyrinth Oracle is finished and can be purchased at: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/th ... nth-oracle

See also http://www.astrolog.org/oracle.htm for general information about the deck.

Astrolog 6.40 freeware downloads: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

That's awesome!

Once again, welcome to the forum, Walter. :wave:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Cruiser1

Post by Cruiser1 »

An update: "The Labyrinth Oracle" is now also available on Etsy at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/663528357/ ... ds-for-the

You can select either the cards only (lower price) or the complete box containing cards along with interpretive booklets. Either way, you get your choice of a sparkly velvet fabric pouch specially designed for the deck and hand made by the card artist.

PS: Above is a picture of the entire deck, showing a way in which all 109 cards can be arranged in a triangular mandala pattern. :icon_e_smile:
Astrolog 6.40 freeware downloads: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Nice to see you again, Walter!

Thanks for the update. No doubt the deck would make a nice Xmas present for some. (Feel free to send it to me, anybody. :icon_e_wink: )

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links