TAROT DE RIVESALTES BY PAINTER BEN GROSS BASED ON J. P. PAYEN OLD TAROT 1713

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
Yves Le Marseillais

TAROT DE RIVESALTES BY PAINTER BEN GROSS BASED ON J. P. PAYEN OLD TAROT 1713

Post by Yves Le Marseillais »

Bonjour from France !

Here are three picts of a superb tarot box set representing original paintings of painter Ben GROSS in cards. Tarot based on old tarot deck 1713 from Jean Pierre PAYEN an Avignon South France Cardmaker. Cards measures are 80 mm by 140 mm.
Very limited Deluxe edition 600 copies Numbered and signed by author. 75 € plus postage.

To get there:

https://www.tarot-de-marseille-heritage ... -p-24.html

Enjoy !!

Yves Reynaud

Background of the deck:

When I met Ben GROSS four year ago, I offered him as a gift to choose one of my tarots published. He instantly retained the Jean Pierre PAYEN 1713.
Later he informed me that he decided to paint a restitution of this tarot as hand paintings.
Three years later he recontacted me and wanted me to publish his paintings* as a tarot under a Deluxe edition.

* The original paintings were made using vibrant ceramic paint and porcelain outliner on 78 canvas boards (original size 22 x 33 cm).

Ben J. GROSS is having a rather long love story with tarot representations.
As a historical tarot decks' s collectionner I am very enthusiast about the obtained result, transforming this PAYEN tarot in an explosion of colours, various athmosphers and very emotional little paintings.
This artistic creation "Tarot de Rivesaltes"** remains anyway a very practical tarot deck because all lines and colours reflects the ancien PAYEN deck.

Using an artist creation as an operative tool is a privilege that no doubt will satisfy all tarot amatores. Yves REYNAUD

** Ben J. GROSS lives, works and paint in Rivesaltes medieval city close to Perpignan in South France

Last edited by Yves Le Marseillais on 27 Oct 2020, 13:49, edited 2 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: TAROT DE RIVESALTES BY PAINTER BEN GROSS BASED ON J. P. PAYEN OLD TAROT 1713

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Salut Yves le Marseillais de la France

Wow, that really looks like an awesome deck! :icon_e_smile:

Now could you share a little more background regarding this please?

I mean, not that anybody here would consider you a spammer, just trying to sell a product or something... @onion26@

Cheers

Michael

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Yves Le Marseillais

Re: TAROT DE RIVESALTES BY PAINTER BEN GROSS BASED ON J. P. PAYEN OLD TAROT 1713

Bonjour Michael,

I am also the producer and distributor of this tarot as you may see by following link I gave.

By publishing in your Forum I wanted also to informs passionates (as I am) about this just released edition.

Feel free to let this message here or eject it of your Forum of course.
May be you have a suggestion where to shift it ?

Is it enough as background ?

Salutations from Marseille City,

Yves Reynaud

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Hello Yves, I’ve seen your posts on other forums. :wave: Marseilles is not my thing but it’s great to see these new high quality decks based on the historical images. :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Dear Yves

Your topic is fine where it is. What I meant was, I would appreciate some information as regards the background of the deck.

You are presenting a reproduction of a historical deck, therefore the countless readers of this forum @onion35@ would welcome some additional insight into its history. :icon_idea:

Or you could simply tell us what made you seek out this particular version of the TdM.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Yves Le Marseillais

Bonjour Michael,

I amended my initial texte with some information about Ben GROSS and this PAYEN tarot work. See backgroud above. Yves R.

Michael Sternbach wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 11:04 Dear Yves

Your topic is fine where it is. What I meant was, I would appreciate some information as regards the background of the deck.

You are presenting a reproduction of a historical deck, therefore the countless readers of this forum @onion35@ would welcome some additional insight into its history. :icon_idea:

Or you could simply tell us what made you seek out this particular version of the TdM.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

That's interesting information, Yves.

Thanks. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links