New on Kickstarter: The Butterfly Effect Tarot

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
evaduplanart

New on Kickstarter: The Butterfly Effect Tarot

Post by evaduplanart »

Hello! I'm here to introduce my take on Tarot cards with The Butterfly Effect Tarot Deck!

The Butterfly Effect Tarot Deck is a full 78 card deck about femininity in a variety of forms. It's about being comfortable in your skin, about being able to be whoever you want to be. This deck is an expression of what's most important to me - to showcase women as they are, no matter the shape, size, or color. It is my hope that through the mysticism of the Tarot, this deck will cause a literal butterfly effect - one that will resonate positivity, love, and hope to women everywhere.

This deck explores Tarot through the lens of Body Positivity. Using both modern and traditional elements, I illustrated each of the Major Arcana and the Court cards with the intent of showcasing diversity and empowerment. Even the negative and masculine cards are drawn with this in mind to the best of my abilities. The use of the butterfly wings acts as a beacon of hope, of joy, of the soul - it's and excellent symbol for a tool as mystical as the Tarot.

By simplifying the deck into the core meanings, I hope that this will be a great addition to anyone’s collection, and I hope that people find meaning through these cards in their readings.

You can support the Kickstarter here: bit.ly/butterflytarot

I'm a fashion illustrator and tarot enthusiast - I've been learning about the tarot steadily for a while now and this project has been helping me learn the cards even better. I hope that this deck becomes a success!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Re: New on Kickstarter: The Butterfly Effect Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

What a lovely idea!

Best of luck to you!

BTW- your link didn't work, I fixed it. :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Good idea, people should be able to get a deck they feel connected to :icon_cool: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
evaduplanart

Post by evaduplanart »

Thank you both! (Also thank you for fixing the link!)

I hope that the kickstarter goes well, I've been so excited to get all of the illustrations done. Now I'm on the formatting phase!

Last bumped by Anonymous on 13 Apr 2018, 05:26.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links