The Popgoth Tarot

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
popgoth

The Popgoth Tarot

Post by popgoth »

Hey Haunties!! I'm popgoth, and i created the popgoth tarot, which is currently having its campaign on kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... goth-tarot

I wanted to make a deck that featured people of all colors, genders(or lack thereof), and sexualities (as a queer person of color making sure that there's representation, especially within the tarot, which a lot of people just like me work with, is very important to me). When you see yourself represented in a deck, it's easier to connect and understand. I also wanted to make a deck with really bright, vivid, colors that still had that gothic art style that i've always been drawn to and inspired by.

The full deck is up to view on the kickstarter!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: The Popgoth Tarot

Post by Serpentwand »

Cool, yes it's a very good idea to create your own deck if there are no others you feel comfortable with, and I can see that would be especially important if using the deck to focus on for magical purposes :icon_cool: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

Your cards are beautiful and so vibrant and alive.

You can also post in the Crowd Funding section:

Best of Luck!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

I just went to your Kickstarter page and watched your video (very nice by the way) and in it you said something about "Tarot Spells".

I am so intrigued! We have a sub-forum here called "Spells and Rituals" located here

It is the perfect spot for that.

It would be so great and I would just love if you could tell us a little more about Tarot Spells. @onion14@

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
popgoth

Post by popgoth »

@joanmarie (I'm not sure if theres an @ feature on here? lmao) thank you!! color is so important to me, i feel like to really catch my focus and let my intuition guide me i need that vibrant color, you know what i mean? oh yeah so my whole practice with tarot spells is rooted in the belief that they're sort of like...batteries? Inside each card is stored a thoughtform, energy that has been intentionally placed within each card and energy that has been consistently fed and grown through every single person who has used the tarot since their origination. Inside each card is stored a boundless amount of power that we can channel for spells—when needed—remember, batteries can run out and need to be recharged.
But not just for spells, like we can use the aces as magickal tools in place of the physical, like if we don't have access to an athame, or we're in a space where it'd be best to not have an athame or a staff.
I'm still trying to piece together which spells I'm putting in the book because I'm one of those people that sort of just casts the circle and comes up with it on the spot, but once I figure out which spells I'm putting in the book I'll definitely be able to post some in the tarot spells sub forum...it'll be a lot easier that way lmao. The most important thing for me, is making sure that all the information in the guidebook: tarot spells, meanings, crystal info, herb info, etc...is easily understandable for everyone, so I end up spending hours on one page writing and erasing and writing again.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links