one card tarot by kyan

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: one card tarot by kyan

Post by Jo Ann »

which Wacom do you have. Mines the huion wh1409 I think. lol

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Jo Ann wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 15:22 which Wacom do you have. Mines the huion wh1409 I think. lol
lol, i don’t quite know! i actually have three wacom tablets and they all still work (i think) but the latest one is the best, it’s blue/gray instead of tan and features a better pen— much more comfortable and responsive. they’re all in storage as i moved recently, so i was doing my drawings on an ipad mini using a finger instead.

unfortunately the mini (such a great size!) got destroyed, and while i still have a first gen ipad, it’s so old that i can’t update the drawing app which now has an option to save files at a much higher resolution. and that’s why i’ve been doing these tarot cards on my phone, haha.

i did seem some huions on their website and would love one of their huge drawing MONITOR. those look really fun!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

yeah, one of those big monitor one would be perfect cuz you can use it as a light box to trace. the huion i have is like 13x11 or somewhere around there. it is so easy to find the spot you want you pen to be.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

that would be beneficial! i am always using a window as a light table, and of course that doesn’t really work at night. :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

here’s one more card, two different ways. this one came out strange but oh well! :icon_rolleyes:

i traced over a tarot figure for the page of wands from a deck image found online i couldn’t identify... it looked like a pretty cool deck tho.
Last edited by kyan on 13 Apr 2018, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

those look good. I keep sitting down to mess around and do a card in Painter 2017 and then i get distracted.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

thank you, i am not thrilled about this one, probably because i copied the figure :D

yes, break out that tablet and get to painting! i want to get looser and actually DRAW something... but my art supplies are in storage yet. maybe i'll get a more gestural effect by using the tablet and pen instead of the phone app.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I am not great with the tablet because the painting brushes, watercolor , oil ect. don't look real and throws me off, so i like moving around testing out the brush. Painter can be a bitch to work with it unless you work everyday. I have 13 and 2015 on cd. but now i get them as download. but i usually update them or actually buy new ones off ebay or amazon.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

i know what you mean! there’s nothing like the real thing. there’s an old copy of photoshop in my computer, which is extremely cost prohibitive for me these days (you lease it), so i’m grateful for this old version.

however, the new apps on the iphone are actually more fun... digital fingerpainting. :icon_razz:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

What i do is go on ebay and buy an earlier version. like i have painter 2017. and corel draw 7ish its a couple years old. but paint shop pro i update at corel directly. I have been using psp since my first ibm computer. and i have every version except for 3.4, it was on a big floppy and I think x7. I now have PSP v. 2018. i usually get a new painter every couple years.

photoshop 9

this is the latest Painter 2018 https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Corel-PAI ... SwOt9ZgHt5

the best paint one you can buy thats cheap but good, is the down graded version of corel painter is painter essentials 5
Corel has a download trial and it only cost $36 to buy it.

painter essentials 5

link to painter essentials guide

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links