The chat center has been relocated. CLICK HERE or else follow the "Chat Center" link directly above this announcement.

The Game Crafter, thoughts?

For general questions and comments regarding the production and distribution of Indy decks.
Belinda2

Re: The Game Crafter, thoughts?

Post by Belinda2 » 07 Mar 2018, 01:36

Charlie Brown wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 12:28
Oooh... that does look nice. I have this Christmas Oracle and think that it's pretty good. The card definitions are well thought out. I did a series of daily draw postings with it as an advent calendar. It should be easy to find if you're interested.
I have been looking at the cards and I was wondering if it come with a PDF about the card meanings, I cant see anything about on the website.thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown » 07 Mar 2018, 03:38

Belinda2 wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 01:36
Charlie Brown wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 12:28
Oooh... that does look nice. I have this Christmas Oracle and think that it's pretty good. The card definitions are well thought out. I did a series of daily draw postings with it as an advent calendar. It should be easy to find if you're interested.
I have been looking at the cards and I was wondering if it come with a PDF about the card meanings, I cant see anything about on the website.thanks
It comes with an LWB in the form of several extra cards with text rather than an actual booklet.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 07 Mar 2018, 11:49

Thank you for the information I will most likely buy it in Nov to get ready for use in Dec.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 07 Mar 2018, 15:42

Belinda2 wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 11:53
Off topic Corrine Kenner's The Christmas Tarot would be a better choice but it was never published .

If you like Lenormand on game crafter
There is the YuletideLenormand.
But the one I really like is Christmas oracle Lenormand from Germany .
https://www.etsy.com/listing/261190464/ ... -lenormand
Well it's not from Germany it's from Russia my bad!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tarotbear

Post by tarotbear » 29 Mar 2018, 20:59

I used The Game Crafter for all my decks because it was easy to use and get a deck up and running (once I learned the tricks to getting the images loaded). I think their card stock is fine, but some of my images seem to have a yellowish cast to them, which I take as their printing inks cannot reproduce the colors I chose to design the cards. I thought at one point they actually had a 'color chart', but I don't know if that is even offered. If I can find the pic I have of the yellow saturation, I will post it.

I don't like their boxes - really. I feel the card stock is just flimsy, and unless you have a LWB to fill up the space between your 80-card deck and their 90-card box, the cards rattle around in there. The extra space means the box can get crushed.

I elected NOT to have a LWB because the cost of printing one made my deck price skyrocket; perhaps for a board game with pieces the prices come out better, but for a stand-alone Tarot deck in a box, I always feel the prices for a TGC deck are high - even for the designer. My cost per deck is just under $20, and I sell it for $29.99. I have a free PDF printout for general card meanings on my Shop Page.

Remember - TGC is really a service for gamers - they print Tarot decks as a sideline.
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tarotbear

Post by tarotbear » 29 Mar 2018, 21:05

O.K. - found it - The image on the left is the card as I designed it; the image on the right is a scan of the printed deck. Definitely a yellow saturation!

There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown » 29 Mar 2018, 21:49

Thanks, Tarotbear. That was very informative.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Topics in Deck Creation”