What IS this deck???

Discussions on Tarot, Oracle and Other Decks
Holly doll

What IS this deck???

Post by Holly doll » 10 Sep 2018, 04:00

Greetings all!!

I saw this deck on a TV program & can't find anywhere - any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: What IS this deck???

Post by Charlie Brown » 10 Sep 2018, 11:21

I have no idea, but I have read in the past that, sometimes at least, the tarot decks on TV are designed for the show by the production team. The cards in the Red Violin, for example, I'm pretty sure don't exist.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 » 23 Oct 2018, 20:31

Holly doll wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 04:00
Greetings all!!

I saw this deck on a TV program & can't find anywhere - any help is greatly appreciated!!!
The name of the show, season and episode number would help to do a more thorough research...

Charlie Brown wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 11:21
I have no idea, but I have read in the past that, sometimes at least, the tarot decks on TV are designed for the show by the production team. The cards in the Red Violin, for example, I'm pretty sure don't exist.
Like Paige's deck from Charmed... We only see 3 cards of that deck but daaamn! It was beautiful to look at:
Just look at that 3oS:

EDIT:
So, I reverse-searched the screen capture you posted and saw that it was from Once Upon a Time. So far it seems that it was made for the show. Notice that that the numbers of the Minor Arcana are not uniform: the 3oP is a pip and the 3oS is the Rider-Waite version. I don't know of any deck that mixes the two forms of pip illustration. Also, the back was cut imperfectly, in some cards the black borders is thinner and they have pointy corners, instead of the rounded ones you see in mass-produced decks. Notice too that the Sun card is completely out of proportion from the other cards: it is much taller and a bit less wide.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown » 27 Oct 2018, 02:12

What great detective work, Seele. Thanks so much for this!
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Decks”