Whimsical confusion

Moderator: theFeeLion

Canid

Whimsical confusion

Post by Canid » 21 Apr 2018, 15:02

I repurchased Whimsical, which I gifted to someone long ago, including the companion book. I just discovered the companion book is OOP, the cheapest I found was $99!! I’m having trouble remembering what some of the cards’ fairy tale/fables relate to, & the LWB doesn’t cover that. Most are obvious, but can anyone help me with what the World card represents in this deck? The Fairy Godmother is already covered with the HP. Could it simply mean ‘Happily Ever After’? And I don’t remember the Pages or Aces even having a specific correlation in the book, but the Page of Rods screams ‘Town Crier’ to me.
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Seldes Katne

Re: Whimsical confusion

Post by Seldes Katne » 21 Apr 2018, 23:27

Hello, Canid! Somewhere on the Internet, I found a pdf copy of the Whimsical book, and downloaded it. If I can retrace my steps and find it again, I'll provide the link. In the meantime, here's what I have:

The World is represented by Glinda the Good, from the Wizard of Oz. She has the magical ability to grant everything one desires in life. She can't help us unless we ask; once we do, she will "pull out all the stops" to give us the world.

Page of Rods could be the Town Crier, but according to the book, it's the signal that a royal decree is about to be announced. The card symbolizes communication.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Various Tarot Decks”