The chat center has been relocated. CLICK HERE or else follow the "Chat Center" link directly above this announcement.

Santa Muerte Tarot

Moderator: theFeeLion

Amikino

Santa Muerte Tarot

Post by Amikino » 08 May 2018, 21:54

I have just purchased this deck. I noticed that this is not a RW clone. Some of the cards have a totally different meaning from the traditional.

Has anybody been using this deck for a while and had any advice on how to get used to it best?

Thanks all!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: Santa Muerte Tarot

Post by Charlie Brown » 08 May 2018, 22:55

Hi Amikino,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your first post! I moved your post into Deck Discussion rather than Deck Reviews. FYI, we plan on consolidating a lot of the site areas over the next couple weeks, so I anticipate the site will become much easier to navigate.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the Santa Muerte.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 10 May 2018, 16:29

Santa Muerte Tarot Is a deck that is on my wish list. A lot of new indy type decks will follow the RWS system but throw in a bit of thoth, Golden, etc. But go thru the cards and make notes for each one and then read them as they come thru to you. None of these reading systems are set in stone.

Its a great deck and end joy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 10 May 2018, 16:30

Do you have this tattoo deck that you display as your avatar??? if so what do you think of it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Magickjack

Post by Magickjack » 12 May 2018, 23:02

I don't know what to think about this deck. A couple months back I went into a "All of a sudden I just gotta have this deck before it's either out of print or not able to afford it" mode. I got the regular deck for myself and the supposedly the "limited collectors addition" in the box coffin, thinking it might be worth something someday or special or I don't know what. As far as I know, it's still quite available on Ebay, I think. In fact, I just saw the standard deck in a bookstore yesterday for 23 bucks or something like that. They made such a big deal out of it with people rushing to pre-order because it was a limited addition. Half way through the deck I started loosing my enthusiasm for it. The art work is good but I started feeling skeleton overload! The cards will only fit in the box one way because it's smaller on one end than the other. A minor flaw but worth mentioning. I'm sure not all are like that. I'm tempted to open the collector coffin box set but until I get a little more excited about this deck, it can wait. I have only looked thru the deck, I have not actually worked with it. Anyway, I'll get it out again someday soon and see how I feel about it. I hope I haven't dissolutioned you in anyway. I saw some familiarity with the RWS and really liked most of the cards. Beautiful! But, a lot of skeletons and hats.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 16 May 2018, 13:36

i would put it down for awhile and then revisit it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Magickjack

Post by Magickjack » 19 May 2018, 12:25

Jo Ann wrote:
16 May 2018, 13:36
i would put it down for awhile and then revisit it.
That's my plan. Hey sorry, I hi hit the wrong button and reported you! LOL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown » 19 May 2018, 13:42

Jo Ann, are you causing trouble again? :icon_lol:
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 20 May 2018, 21:02

yeah... as an old crone going on 66, its my job to forget rules and regulations. @onion19@

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Various Tarot Decks”