What is your 'go to' deck?

Moderator: theFeeLion

kyan

Re: What is your 'go to' deck?

Post by kyan » 25 Apr 2018, 00:19

Nemia wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 18:33
The Thoth, as I said before, yes, always. But there's also the Tabula Mundi - now, in the pocket edition, I can use it for readings (the big version is on my wall as tarot calendar...). And I use the Silhouette Tarot very often, it practically reads itself :-)
ahh, the silhouette tarot is beautiful. i can see how it’s a favorite. i wish they’d reprint!

i only have a few decks but i love steven bright’s spirit within tarot. it’s a silhouette style tarot too. there’s something about the black figures that make it wonderfully neutral. there’s never a card where you say, “ew, i don’t like the expression on his face,” or “she’s a dead ringer for my 3rd grade teacher, mrs. grodt.” :icon_rolleyes:

yet at the same time the shapes tell powerful stories in the tradition of RWS. i like the modern feel... it’s colorful, and it’s borderless! i’d love a pocket edition, i think the images would translate well to a smaller size.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 25 Apr 2018, 01:43

What an interesting deck. Urban Tarot, Silhouette and Neopren's Wicked Pack of Cards - it reminds me of all of these (very different) decks. I can imagine it's easy to read with, especially or others who can connect easily with these cards. It's easy to identify with people shown as silhouettes. You can imagine them looking away from you, i.e. in the direction you're looking yourself - like those back figures in landscape paintings that lead our eyes into the depths. Great!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 25 Apr 2018, 03:55

so true— with the chariot, for instance, you don’t know if he’s coming or going. it adds a nice either/or twist that bends with the way the reading is going.

will look for neopren’s wicked deck now, that’s a new one... thank you!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 25 Apr 2018, 04:22

ok i watched a walk thru of Neopren's Wicked Pack of Cards. noooo no no i can’t do gas masks, balaclavas and that much blood and gore. traps and iron masks and torture devices as well. kinky. :icon_eek: very stylish tho, and the colors are nice, but wow. i can see trent reznor and marilyn manson playing with this deck and then having rough sex afterwards, lol. :icon_twisted:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Styx

Post by Styx » 03 May 2018, 03:01

kyan wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 04:22
ok i watched a walk thru of Neopren's Wicked Pack of Cards. noooo no no i can’t do gas masks, balaclavas and that much blood and gore. traps and iron masks and torture devices as well. kinky. :icon_eek: very stylish tho, and the colors are nice, but wow. i can see trent reznor and marilyn manson playing with this deck and then having rough sex afterwards, lol. :icon_twisted:
And filming it :icon_cool: Quite an interesting deck, though I like the minors much more than the majors.

My go-to decks would be the Radiant RWS or the Morgan-Greer, like many people here. :icon_e_wink: The Morgan-Greer really is the perfect balance between having several clues on the cards and being clear enough to make the reading go smoothly. And if I remember correctly, it's the deck I used when I first started exchanging readings online. It was a big step for me and I'm very grateful to the Morgan-Greer for making it pleasant and easy.

The close friends for whom I sometimes read in real life have their favourites. One of them prefers the Shadowscapes, another one the Druidcraft... If I have an important reading to do for myself, I will go to the Deviant Moon if I need comfort (I know, it's weird) or the Intuitive Tarot.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 04 May 2018, 02:53

^^^ hahaha... in grainy 8mm film, with no sound, hopefully. :D

to be fair, the artwork on the wicked pack of cards deck is gorgeous... it's just that some of the imagery takes it too far (for me).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Styx

Post by Styx » 13 May 2018, 09:54

The more I look at them, the funnier I find them. What a weird way to find oneself enabled. :icon_e_confused:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 13 May 2018, 20:37

Oh, choices...Viceversa, Druidcraft, RWS...
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 14 May 2018, 18:15

I’m so excited! Just delivered! I’ve been waiting *patiently* for my mail carrier all day (who are always late when you’re anticipating something, wot’s with that?). THIS is what I traded my Jane Austen for. Can’t wait to delve into it all! And there are two smaller cards that Clive Barrett signed. AND the book is signed, I just discovered!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 14 May 2018, 18:18

Oops...it won’t allow me to download my other pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Various Tarot Decks”