Loteria " Lottery " cards used as fortune telling .

Moderator: theFeeLion

Belinda2

Loteria " Lottery " cards used as fortune telling .

Post by Belinda2 » 20 Feb 2018, 18:11

Lotería is a game of chance, similar to bingo, but using images on a deck of cards instead of plain numbers on ping pong balls. Every image has a name and an assigned number.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loter%C ... ed_riddles

Years ago I used these cards as fortune telling cards, and I seem pretty good at using them for fortune telling and Analysis. I would use four or five cards with no spreads. These fortunes are created by the riddles on each card.
These cards (this card with this art I did have them at one time but I lost them and I will buy another set.The one I got years ago was from the dollar store so if one looks around one can still get them at about the price ( I would think).
https://m.ebay.com/itm/MEXICAN-LOTERIA- ... xyB9RS1MQk

Well on At I because interested in using these cards because of this lady, below you will see a link to her translations of the riddles that were originally in Spanish and ways that you can interpret them for fortunetelling.
http://lenormandquest.blogspot.com/p/mexican.html?m=1

Have you used these cards for fortune telling? Or what are your thoughts?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Re: Loteria " Lottery " cards used as fortune telling .

Post by kyan » 21 Feb 2018, 01:50

wow cool... thanks for the links, fascinating. nice to know they worked for readings too.

i’ve never tried them, but have always loved the look of the cards. there’s an artist name felix de leon d’eon that is making a gay loteria; i LOVE x3 his drawing style and reaaaalllly wish he would make a traditional tarot deck. or lenormand.
Last edited by kyan on 21 Feb 2018, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Magickjack

Post by Magickjack » 21 Feb 2018, 08:22

Hey, thanks. This is pretty cool because I have a Loteria game and cards and I periodically pull them out and use them. These meanings will kinda help me because I've been doing my own meanings (which isn't a bad thing). But they are fun and a great way to do fortune telling and divination.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 21 Feb 2018, 17:23

Magickjack wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 08:22
Hey, thanks. This is pretty cool because I have a Loteria game and cards and I periodically pull them out and use them. These meanings will kinda help me because I've been doing my own meanings (which isn't a bad thing). But they are fun and a great way to do fortune telling and divination.
Yes it's all about your interpretation of the riddle I just used the meanings from the Quest lady's ideas as base and go from there.
When you do a reading how many cards do you like to use?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 21 Feb 2018, 17:25

kyan wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 01:50
wow cool... thanks for the links, fascinating. nice to know they worked for readings too.

i’ve never tried them, but have always loved the look of the cards. there’s an artist name felix de leon that is making a gay loteria; i LOVE x3 his drawing style and reaaaalllly wish he would make a traditional tarot deck. or lenormand.
Well just give him time he will get around to it I am sure. So many artists are doing all different kinds of cards .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 21 Feb 2018, 17:36

It's funny that different card types ( cultures) reflect different concerns, these Cards for example, there are two cards about overindulging in alcohol
( the bottle and the barrel).
And in Kipper ( which I am now studying ). The era in Germany having to go to court was a very bad thing so it was an area of great concern that is why they had two cards relating to the court.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 21 Feb 2018, 17:43

Here are two pictures of the two sets that I own

First one is what I purchased recently as it as a higher price game set when I was in the store looking for dog toys. The cards seem a little more modern, a little more PG but they do have little poems on the size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 21 Feb 2018, 17:45

The I can picture is about a deck that I bought sometime ago, some of the pictures are kind a cartoonish, or they look like a The photo was cut out of it and put on the card. But it has good cardstock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 22 Feb 2018, 00:06

oh cool.. i actually love the cartoonish style on your loteria. it’s what makes them appealing!

yes on the different cultures. i’m surprised glue sniffing isn’t on there... i have a little glass box from mexico that i got on Olvera St in downtown los angeles and it depicts all the various vices in cartoon style,,,, guns bottle knives needles, glue, pills, joints, cigs, prostitution, you name it. it has a gritty realism that’s only slightly masked by the artwork style.

the “spirit within” tarot is another deck that portrays a different, modern culture. it features skateboarders, DJs, basketball players, etc. somehow, it works! it looks like an amazing deck.

hey, we gotta keep up with the times... pretty soon tarot decks will feature space ships and hover cars. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Oracle Decks”