My server restricted the board from the public due to spammer overload. We are now updated, things are good. I am sorry about the inconvience!

Oracle cards left on display for the day/week

Moderator: theFeeLion

Belinda2

Oracle cards left on display for the day/week

Post by Belinda2 » 16 Mar 2018, 01:05

I like to draw 2 oracle cards a week and put them on small easels so I can refer to them throughout the week( some people change the cards everyday not me I am too lazy).
I like to use oracle decks that have an a saying on them or an affirmation.
The following are the ones I like to use for this purpose:
the Power of Surrender Cards
The Answer is Simple cards
My Daily Affirmation Cards
Oracle of the Unicorns
The Secret Language of Color cards ( my favorite)
Whispers of Lord Ganesha
Gateway Cards
Flower Spirit Cards

While a I do have other oracle decks that I could use as my two weekly card draws I have listed only the ones that I have used for that purpose.

Do you also like to draw a card and put it out where you can see them during your day? What decks do you use for this purpose? If you don't do this, what decks do you think you can recommend for me to add to my card decks that I use on my small easels? Any thought you have.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Oracle cards left on display for the day/week

Post by Nemia » 16 Mar 2018, 05:47

Oh, I bought those easels too! I never use them, why ever not? I'll take them out this minute!

I think it's lovely to display tarot cards. I have my magnet board full with my tarot calendar, and I made a stand for tarot cards from an old desk calendar. In the past, I put affirmation cards there. When I changed my nutrition (went vegan and tried to become sweets-free), I put up Temperances there to keep me motivated. And for a while, my deck of the week cards.

Right now, it holds only my wheel diagram of the tarot year.

But why not put up my card of the day? or an affirmation card? like a little altar? Thank you for reminding me!

ETA:
I don't have oracles - only Sulamith Wülfing's Angel Oracle, and I didn't use it, bought it just for sentimental reasons. But oracle cards are more open-ended. Great idea, too.

I put up my cards from the Vernal Equinox reading, directly beneath my Lo Scarabeo calendar with Barbara Moore's lovely ideas.

I'm living in a tarotorium ;-) who coined this word?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 16 Mar 2018, 05:51

i love those tiny easels! i do the same, not with oracle cards tho. (i don’t have an oracle deck!) i lean a tarot card or two, on display, on top of an antique desk that has tchotchkes and a LED candle with a timer. i sometimes get lazy too, and the cards might stay there all week. :icon_e_smile:

on tarotsphere we were talking about making a personal song lyric oracle or tarot deck... which is really intriguing to me... you could include all the memorable song lyrics from throughout the years. i read something recently about how music is much more important to younger people than older folks, so i think, as an older person myself, that making a personal song lyric oracle deck would be a great way to relive my youth, remember those classic songs that shaped me as i grew up, and bring back any lessons that the songs may have imparted back in the day.

(although i’m not sure about the lesson in “do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight”) :icon_e_wink:

that’s not to say you couldn’t include lyrics of contemporary songs. i imagine each card would feature the applicable lyrics, and then the band name, album and release date (all that stuff in a smaller font) and then a picture of the band, singer, the album cover or other clue. a sort of visual pastiche representing the song’s era or style. (new wave, anyone?) :icon_lol: and it would be borderless, of course.

for example:

“Our life together
Is so precious together
We have grown, we have grown
Although our love is still special
Let's take a chance and fly away
Somewhere alone...

It'll be just like starting over...”

...with a faded pic of a green apple, the sunrise over a skyline of NYC, and the kissing pic of yoko and john.

(apologies in advance if you’re a beatles fan that hates yoko :icon_lol: )
Last edited by kyan on 16 Mar 2018, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 16 Mar 2018, 05:57

nemia, i totally thought about your magnetic tarot boards, how they’re like card altars — but more than that, they’re lesson plans!

yoga in everyday life: it’s a good thing. :icon_rolleyes: i actually did see some tarot inspired yoga leggings on ebay the other day, a death card hoodie, and even some tarot tattoos.

hmmm, i wonder if anyone’s made a hanging tarot mobile yet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 17 Mar 2018, 01:14

Nemia wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 05:47
Oh, I bought those easels too! I never use them, why ever not? I'll take them out this minute!

I think it's lovely to display tarot cards. I have my magnet board full with my tarot calendar, and I made a stand for tarot cards from an old desk calendar. In the past, I put affirmation cards there. When I changed my nutrition (went vegan and tried to become sweets-free), I put up Temperances there to keep me motivated. And for a while, my deck of the week cards.

Right now, it holds only my wheel diagram of the tarot year.

But why not put up my card of the day? or an affirmation card? like a little altar? Thank you for reminding me!

ETA:
I don't have oracles - only Sulamith Wülfing's Angel Oracle, and I didn't use it, bought it just for sentimental reasons. But oracle cards are more open-ended. Great idea, too.

I put up my cards from the Vernal Equinox reading, directly beneath my Lo Scarabeo calendar with Barbara Moore's lovely ideas.

I'm living in a tarotorium ;-) who coined this word?
Sure you can use it for your Tarot cards or anything that inspires you. ( I could use it for Tarot ( which I am still learning to certain level) by journaling While looking at the tarot card on the easel.
I have followed your Tarot thread and you are quite impressive.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 17 Mar 2018, 01:16

kyan wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 05:57
nemia, i totally thought about your magnetic tarot boards, how they’re like card altars — but more than that, they’re lesson plans!

yoga in everyday life: it’s a good thing. :icon_rolleyes: i actually did see some tarot inspired yoga leggings on ebay the other day, a death card hoodie, and even some tarot tattoos.

hmmm, i wonder if anyone’s made a hanging tarot mobile yet.
Oh I am sure there is you just have not found it yet. 👀

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 17 Mar 2018, 01:20

kyan wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 05:51
i love those tiny easels! i do the same, not with oracle cards tho. (i don’t have an oracle deck!) i lean a tarot card or two, on display, on top of an antique desk that has tchotchkes and a LED candle with a timer. i sometimes get lazy too, and the cards might stay there all week. :icon_e_smile:

on tarotsphere we were talking about making a personal song lyric oracle or tarot deck... which is really intriguing to me... you could include all the memorable song lyrics from throughout the years. i read something recently about how music is much more important to younger people than older folks, so i think, as an older person myself, that making a personal song lyric oracle deck would be a great way to relive my youth, remember those classic songs that shaped me as i grew up, and bring back any lessons that the songs may have imparted back in the day.

(although i’m not sure about the lesson in “do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight”) :icon_e_wink:

that’s not to say you couldn’t include lyrics of contemporary songs. i imagine each card would feature the applicable lyrics, and then the band name, album and release date (all that stuff in a smaller font) and then a picture of the band, singer, the album cover or other clue. a sort of visual pastiche representing the song’s era or style. (new wave, anyone?) :icon_lol: and it would be borderless, of course.

for example:

“Our life together
Is so precious together
We have grown, we have grown
Although our love is still special
Let's take a chance and fly away
Somewhere alone...

It'll be just like starting over...”

...with a faded pic of a green apple, the sunrise over a skyline of NYC, and the kissing pic of yoko and john.

(apologies in advance if you’re a beatles fan that hates yoko :icon_lol: )
kind of sounds like the Rock and Roll Tarot deck.
Sounds interesting I should check it out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 17 Mar 2018, 18:31

oh wow, i never heard of the R&R tarot! really? i saw one somewhere that was new wave-ish... like 80s themed. i remember romeo void, pete shelley, blondie and a few more.

i guess a tarot mobile would be easy to make... i want to make tarot candles, with images glued to those tall glass votive candles and on the back, the card meanings. tarot novenas! imagine how pretty those major arcana would look glowing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 18 Mar 2018, 00:42

There are two decks that called themselves Rock And Roll Tarot one with old artest from the past( which might be
The one you are talking about).
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/rock-n-roll/
There is another one which looks like a psychedelic art from the 60s. Too Groovy lol
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/th ... arot-deck2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 18 Mar 2018, 12:46

these are different, but the first link is similar... the second one is definitely groovy with that psychedelic font! a keyword deck with a decorative and somewhat difficult to read font is an interesting idea; it makes it less obvious that it’s a keyword deck.

thanks for posting the links :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Oracle Decks”