Study decks for Thoth (and other) learners

Talk about Thoth, Liber T, Tabula Mundi, Rosetta etc. here

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Nemia
Global Moderator

Study decks for Thoth (and other) learners

Post by Nemia »

I have already linked today to the learning card decks offered by Living Magick, and I want to add in this are of the forum short descriptions of decks for the Thoth student.

Of course, you don't HAVE to have any of these. It just helps if you want to want to know more.

The Hermetic Kabbalah deck is a Gamecrafter deck and I like it very much. I use it on my tarot calendar all the time.

This is an abstract tarot deck with all cards - including double cards for the four major cards that differ in RWS and Thoth respectively.

Here you can see Lust and Strength. The deck allows you to use it with both systems, and it's an excellent tool to study the differences, compare and build the whole series.

The differences in the system are shown in an overview on an extra card.

The lwb is short and helpful.

It explains the information found on each major arcana card...

... and each minor arcana card, too.

The Four of Cups.

The beautiful Aces.

The majors all have strong colourful backgrounds, minors are white, aces black.

In addition to the whole deck, you also get a set of cards useful for study:

A Hermetic cross - nice to have in your hands when you read Milo DuQuette's book about the Thoth with the chapter about the Hermetic cross!

You can use this deck for readings; there is no reason it shouldn't work. I use it for study, comparison and just thinking about the Tree of Life. There is information on it that I didn't even start contemplating yet - the angelic names for example. There is still so much to learn!

The deck is not cheap but it's much better and especially more beautiful and clear than the older Kabbalistisches/Tree of Life deck that I also have.

It gives similar information but does so with less success than the Hermetic. (Nevertheless I'm glad I have it).

This is not a review but just a short overview! I might write a proper review later.

If you have other study decks you found useful (or not useful!), you can add them to this thread :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links