Tarot of the Sephiroth

Talk about Thoth, Liber T, Tabula Mundi, Rosetta etc. here

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Nemia
Global Moderator

Tarot of the Sephiroth

Post by Nemia »

What do you think about the Tarot of the Sephiroth by Dan Staroff? I have been fascinated by it for a long time, and nearly two years ago, I bought the book which is very good. The deck itself is oop and it took me a while to find an affordable copy, but now I have and it's on its way to me (Christmas present to self!).

Does anybody here work with this deck? How do you like it? I really like the idea that the deck can be laid out to form a Tree of Life, and I like the pip minors. But how does it read? The question of questions...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: Tarot of the Sephiroth

Post by Serpentwand »

It appears to be packed full of esoteric symbols, if anyone can read it, it will be you Nemia :thumbup: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

I don't have this deck yet, though it looks interesting and it has been on my wishlist for awhile.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I have it now! I found it for 50 EU, quite a lot of money for a deck, but I've wanted this deck for ages and the price is relatively benign. I found it for much higher sums before so I snapped this one up when I saw it. Obviously, if Dan Staroff publishes a second edition, I'll kick myself, but hey, I'm glad I have this deck together with the very neat book.

Staroff's style is very clear and linear, some of his figures are more caricature than person which makes all the person cards very easy to read. The kabbalah plays a more important role than in any other deck I own except for the Hermetic Kabbalah and Kabbalistic Tree of Life, and it's fascinating. The book is very good and IMO really necessary if you want to go deeper with this deck.

I think I'll write a review about it. It's neither warm nor fuzzy but crystal clear and very very clever.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links