Nemia's Beautiful Crochet Items

Indie, Indie, Indie! A forum for independently published decks and books. Many links to publisher websites lie within.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Nemia's Beautiful Crochet Items

Post by Nemia »

I crochet more than I need for myself, so if you see a bag you like and have a deck you're sick and tired of ;-) maybe we have a deal...

I'll introduce the bags I have to offer one after the other - and if you see something you like but would prefer in another colour or size, just let me know. I'm really happy to make special things.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Arda crochet bag

Post by Nemia »

Made from earth-coloured yarn in half double stitches, with a semi-precious stone and a crochet flower on the flap. I added crochet chains for closure.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Blue Jeans YarnArt grit stitch little pouch

Post by Nemia »

I like this yarn from YarnArt - I once ordered a huge amount of it in all colours :-) and still have some skeins left. This colour is called Blue Jeans, I used a simple grit stitch, and although the flap didn't turn out perfect (it's a bit too wide, don't know why), this is a nice little bag for playing or Lenormand cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Caramel and peaches tarot pouch

Post by Nemia »

For this little bag, I used three colours - it was so much work to finish this job, had to sew away sooo many yarn ends... It's a sweet, maybe too sweet colour combination but I had to try it. V-stitch with colour change always turns out nice. And this YarnArt cotton yarn gives such a soft, tight texture.

I have more pictures of all the bags, and if you're interested in one, I can also measure them. Didn't do that until now... you can see on the pictures, the trimmed Renaissance tarot fits in nicely.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Cassandra mini tarot drawstring bag

Post by Nemia »

This yarn is really hard to photograph! It's a dark, rich, cool purple. I made this bag for my mini Pagan Cats deck. If you like it, I can make something similar :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Cool and Fresh half dc tarot bag

Post by Nemia »

I always give names to my yarn (my whole stash is catalogued in Evernote and Ravelry, I'm obsessive about cataloguing my stuff) and this one is called Cool and Fresh because I bought it on a hot day and the colours looked sooo cool and fresh!

I used the half double crochet V-stitch - the name sounds horrible but it's really easy.

Very compact structure.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Cool and Fresh lenormand bag

Post by Nemia »

The same yarn as before; this time I used the double crochet V-stitch for a small bag. Ideal for Lenormand decks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Cool Gradient long and narrow bag

Post by Nemia »

This is a typical example of a bag that didn't turn out well. I made it too long and too narrow. Hm, thinking about it now, maybe the Daniloff would be happy in this miscalculated but nicely coloured bag? But the Daniloff already inhabits a similarly narrow-long mistake ;-)

I used the blanket stitch. Isn't it wonderful that the Internet has sooo many instructions for nice stitches? Granite, blanket, moss, grit, suzette, iris stitch... all the different V-stitches... ripples and shells and waves.... I use them all the time and they're so easy to learn.

Blanket stitch gives a three dimensional texture. I confess, I like this bag and use it although the size is awkward...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Crazy Colours cruciform wrap

Post by Nemia »

That's one of my versatile and much-beloved cruciform wraps.

I started with regular rectangular wraps because I wanted a portable reading cloth... but they're impossible to close. The decks just slide out - or the whole parcel becomes impossibly bulky! But once I tried a cruciform shape instead of rectangular, it all turned out nicely.

I call this yarn Crazy Colours because it's the greatest craziest gradient between purple and green. V-stitch. My Universal Fantasy Tarot lives in this bag and loves it!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Dark Fuchsia grit stitch cruciform wrap

Post by Nemia »

Yes, I like purple! another cruciform wrap, in tight grit stitch. The button is sub-optimal, it was the only button I found but I'm going to replace it one of these days.

The inner button is nice but not really necessary. This was one of my first cruciform wraps; I noticed later that they hold together well without inner buttons...

I added a long chain and simply wrap it around the large outer button. That's really easy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links