Scarlet Imprint - Indy Press Specializing in the Occult

Indie, Indie, Indie! A forum for independently published decks and books. Many links to publisher websites lie within.
Joan Marie

Scarlet Imprint - Indy Press Specializing in the Occult

Post by Joan Marie »

There are SO MANY books I want to buy from these guys.

They create limited edition special printings of esoteric literature.
Their books ore works of art in themselves.
This is a book called Ifá: A Forest of Mystery

ImageImage
An excerpt from it's description:
Ifá – an alternative name for its prophet Òrúnmìlà – is a religion, a wisdom tradition and a system of divination encoding the rich and complex oral and material culture of the Yoruba people. The Yoruba culture is grounded in memory, an ancestral repository of wisdom, that generates good counsel, advises appropriate ebo (sacrifice) and opens the way to develop a good character on our journey through life and in our interactions with the visible and invisible worlds.

Here's another called The Game of Saturn which is a decoding of the Sola-Busca tarot.
ImageImage

Here is an excerpt from the description:
For the first time in over five hundred years, the clues embedded within the cards reveal a dark Gnostic grimoire replete with pagan theurgical and astral magical rites. Careful analysis demonstrates that the presiding deity of this ‘cult object’ is none other than the Gnostic demiurge in its most archaic and violent form: the Afro-Levantine serpent-dragon, Ba’al Hammon, also known as Kronos and Saturn, though more notoriously as the biblical Moloch, the devourer of children.

They have a gorgeous website for all their gorgeous books. Scarlett Imprint Press

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
ElectricMaenad

Re: Scarlet Imprint - Indy Press Specializing in the Occult

Post by ElectricMaenad »

I ordered copies of The Red Goddess and Lucifer: Princeps a couple of years ago for a Satanist friend of mine. In addition to the physical books, they also sent download codes for PDF versions of the texts for free! Wonderful books. Even the non-limited editions are beautiful.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

They are lovely looking books. It's great to see them still being made to such a high standard :thumbup: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

I bought The Game of Saturn. I was too late and missed out on the special editions, but the one I got, which was the least expensive option, is just gorgeous.
Content-wise it is a deep dive into the esoteric symbolism and historical context of the Sola-Busca tarot. It's extremely readable despite the complexity of the topics.

Quality-wise, it is a large format on beautiful paper and with many vibrant colour prints and diagrams. It really makes me a little sorry I missed the two special editions. They must have been beautiful and no doubt collector's items.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links