Golden Lenormand (Images)

Moderator: Nemia

DownUnderNZer

Golden Lenormand (Images)

Post by DownUnderNZer » 11 Jan 2018, 06:40

CONTRAST IN SIZE:

Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Re: Golden Lenormand (Images)

Post by DownUnderNZer » 11 Jan 2018, 06:41

GOLD FOIL ON AN ANGLE WITH COURT CARD:

Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 11 Jan 2018, 06:43

GOLDEN LENORMAND HEART & BLUE OWL HEART

COURT CARD INSERT DIFFERENCE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 11 Jan 2018, 07:22

Thanks for the comparison. I suspected the deck would be very large, and I'm curious whether it's bigger than my Laura Tuan Lenormand Oracle. I'll know in a few days. The Blue Owl is one of my tinier decks (although I think that's traditional since it's about the same size as the Piatnik), so it may not be the fairest comparison. This deck would probably be uncomfortable for someone with small hands. I will post a deck review on my blog when I've had a chance to work with it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 11 Jan 2018, 21:52

Most definitely do a comparison when you get it. I honestly had no idea!

I was told the box was big, so was thinking it must be like Ciro's or UR with the packaging being on the large side. Mind you, Ciro's deck is big, but not like this one.

To me, it is the THOTH or MAMMOTH of the Lenormand.
Barleywine wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 07:22
Thanks for the comparison. I suspected the deck would be very large, and I'm curious whether it's bigger than my Laura Tuan Lenormand Oracle. I'll know in a few days. The Blue Owl is one of my tinier decks (although I think that's traditional since it's about the same size as the Piatnik), so it may not be the fairest comparison. This deck would probably be uncomfortable for someone with small hands. I will post a deck review on my blog when I've had a chance to work with it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 11 Jan 2018, 21:59

Watch for a picture of my first GT with it. I imagine it will look like a satellite photo of Greater Los Angeles at night. I know I'm going to have trouble with the flash trying to shoot this one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 12 Jan 2018, 02:53

I hope you have the space...seriously. :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin:

I used my phone and the images (different ones) were affected by the weather and/or time of the day. So, make sure no reflections or you will have to move around the place like I had to with certain Lenormand decks and/or spreads.

With these ones I had to move the table more forward and the closer I was the better it seemed.

Will keep an eye out for that GT. Have been meaning to go to your website to see if any new blogs, but time has not been so friendly since the end of Christmas and other things have been a priority. On my list of things to do before the end of January.

Barleywine wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 21:59
Watch for a picture of my first GT with it. I imagine it will look like a satellite photo of Greater Los Angeles at night. I know I'm going to have trouble with the flash trying to shoot this one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 12 Jan 2018, 06:34

Before I created my GT layout map I was using the large-format Lenormand Oracle as a house template, so I was doing the GT on a bed. I sometimes had to stand on a stool to get the whole thing in the picture frame. So I'm used to large spreads.

I do have two new Lenormand posts on my blog. One is based on conversations I had with Mary K. Greer on AT a couple of years ago, and both explore in detail my personal take on some of Andy Boroveshengra's methods as described in the first edition of his book.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 12 Apr 2018, 00:48

Barleywine -

Did you get this deck yet? Was just wondering...

I bought a few, but when I did a spring clean over a month ago - cannot find a single one of them. Packed away somewhere out of my reach. This weekend I will be looking!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 12 Apr 2018, 08:20

DownUnderNZer wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 00:48
Barleywine -

Did you get this deck yet? Was just wondering...

I bought a few, but when I did a spring clean over a month ago - cannot find a single one of them. Packed away somewhere out of my reach. This weekend I will be looking!
I did get it, and I like it well enough to do a good many of my GTs with it lately. It is large, but I have long fingers. The gold seems more of a novelty than an essential feature, though. I don't find it as compelling as the similar style in the Golden Universal tarot.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Lenormand Deck Reviews”