Deck of the Week #2: Jan. 8 - Jan 14

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #2: Jan. 8 - Jan 14

Post by Charlie Brown »

We made it! Here we exchange our daily readings with our deck of the week.

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations. On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Re: Deck of the Week #26: Jan. 8 - Jan 14

Post by CharlotteK »

Sticking with Tabula Mundi and Thoth this week as I'm getting good value out of a side by side comparison.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Going to use my Journey into Egypt. Just one card a day for this week.

Looking forward to everyone's posts. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I haven't decided, but I think I'm going to do daily Lenormand draws. Try for hard divination about the day. I'm not really a DOTW type person generally so 2 weeks in a row is a lot for me, psychologically speaking. Last week was lots of fun though.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

OMG

Post by Charlie Brown »

:icon_eek:

It's 1:30 in the morning. Ugh. So, Sunday's Lenormand "What will happen to me today?" draw was Stars-Stork. The most common meaning for the stork is an improvement, so I had hoped this draw meant "Nighttime Improvements." We've been trying to get our infant daughter to sleep better and it seemed like that fortune was coming true. She was having a good night.

However...
Did you know that the second most common keyword for the stork is "relocation?" Well, there was a "Nighttime Relocation" all right as the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and the whole high rise had to be evacuated. I'm going to score that as +1 for divination.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Re: OMG

Post by siovale »

Charlie Brown wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 04:31 :icon_eek:

It's 1:30 in the morning. Ugh. So, Sunday's Lenormand "What will happen to me today?" draw was Stars-Stork. The most common meaning for the stork is an improvement, so I had hoped this draw meant "Nighttime Improvements." We've been trying to get our infant daughter to sleep better and it seemed like that fortune was coming true. She was having a good night.

However...
Did you know that the second most common keyword for the stork is "relocation?" Well, there was a "Nighttime Relocation" all right as the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and the whole high rise had to be evacuated. I'm going to score that as +1 for divination.
I'm fascinated by Lenormand and have a beautiful deck, and have books (that are intimidating), but, quite frankly, haven't an idea where to start with L. I wish I did. How does one go about figuring things out with L? I'd love to learn how to use and read these beautiful and, supposedly, accurate cards.

Your draw hit events completely on the mark, CB!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Today's card from TJIE:

2 of Cups

I'll see how this pans out during the day.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today is The Hanged Man.

This follows on from yesterday's card the Six of Swords - Lord of Earned Success, and the beauty of the intellectual faculty of consciousness.

It's interesting that in the Thoth 6oS, the sword points converge on the rose cross. In the TM Hanged Man, two opened out cubes are on either side of him forming crosses with the letters Tau (universe) and Mem (Hanged Man/Water) where the rose would be on the cross.

Mercury rules the 6oS and the Hanged Man makes the inverted symbol for sulphur. In alchemy mercury and sulfur are the male and female dichotomy but together they form mercury sulfide, virtually insoluble in water.

The Hanged Man is surrender. Whilst 6oS yesterday was about using intellect and the mind to discover and realise, today the Hanged Man suggests sacrificing all that I think I know. As the purpose of alchemy is to strip down the self to nothingness, leaving everything bare to be scrutinized, so does the Hanged Man. The price of wisdom is sacrifice but the gain is self-knowledge about true nature of self in relation to the divine.

Sounds like yoga might go well this evening. The branch of yoga I have started practicing does involve abandoning oneself to the movement and the mantras to unite body, mind and spirit in a unified undivided whole. I am looking forward to this class now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

siovale wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 06:42 How does one go about figuring things out with L?
Well, I got Andy B's book and that's been my main source of information.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1500582484/ ... 3JKC&psc=0

I really like his basic meanings. IIUC, there's a few different traditions of meanings and you need to pick one set and stick with them and not try and combine them. Going through the book has also helped me to understand some of the online resources better and why those lists of pair definitions are only of marginal help.

I'm just a beginner though. You should look at my "My deck has a droll sense of humor" thread if you want to have a hoot.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Charlie Brown wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 12:22
siovale wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 06:42 How does one go about figuring things out with L?
Well, I got Andy B's book and that's been my main source of information.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1500582484/ ... 3JKC&psc=0

I really like his basic meanings. IIUC, there's a few different traditions of meanings and you need to pick one set and stick with them and not try and combine them. Going through the book has also helped me to understand some of the online resources better and why those lists of pair definitions are only of marginal help.

I'm just a beginner though. You should look at my "My deck has a droll sense of humor" thread if you want to have a hoot.
Thanks CB! Will look into the book. Can you point me to "My deck has a droll sense of humor", please? :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links