Deck of the Week #9: Feb 26 - March 4

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
kyan

Re: Deck of the Week #9: Feb 26 - March 4

Post by kyan »

beautiful card, and what an uphill climb! it’s nice to get to see his face for a change. it almost looks like he’s smiling.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

My cards for yesterday and today:

Yesterday: Knight of Swords. Hm, yesterday was another very very busy day but everything went swimmingly - no conflicts, no sharp words, no criticism, no injustice I had to fix. I'm puzzled. Maybe I have the daily card overload? Or the Klimt doesn't work for me because I'm not totally on board with it...?

Today: the Fool.

Interesting enough, in many older Lo Scarabeo decks, the Fool looks more like the Madman - desperation, confusion, loss of contact to reality. I don't get the usual innocent, curious vibe from this Fool.

I have another ueber-busy day today, let's hope I don't finish my dentist's appointment in a pose like this poor Fool...

Oh. Hey. It's Purim. There are Fools everywhere right now, children and adults in fancy dress on the streets. Maybe we should do something foolish, like going to a Purim party not in our old community where we know everybody, but here, in our new place, where we know nobody????

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

The Norse is really trying to tell me something that I'm clearly not getting. I drew the QoC yesterday also (along with Thoth Ace of Swords) and also on Sunday.

I've been through a low patch. Today my son is off school for the second day in a row as he is sick, but his school is closed anyway due to the snow. I have lots of difficult work to do from home. Yesterday I was about as far from the QoC as you can get. Grumpy, tired, frustrated, sad... I put the cards back without paying too much attention.

So she has shown up again today and I feel almost as grumpy and fed up with being housebound with too much to do and a poorly child.

The Queen stands on a rock in a river (a smooth, solid base when emotions are swirling around). She holds very large cup against her side (her capacity for love and feeling?) and has her left hand resting on her hip (confidence, assertiveness, security). Her hair and dress blow to her right but she remains stable (staying relaxed and upright when the winds blow). The LWB talks about relying on intuition (as opposed to common sense), affection and imagination.

Then we have the Fool. Where spontaneous impulses stem from before judgement is made.

The message for me here is that I am overthinking and letting anxiety get the better of me. I would be advised to stop trying to control things (which is what I do when life deals a crappy hand) but instead sit back and see what arises. Good advice for me today now I am finally prepared to listen.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Spending the day with a new suit, the Knight of Vessels:

Although eels live primarily in water, some of them can travel overland like snakes, and so symbolize an ability to travel in more than one world. (Presumably this can include an ability to dwell in both a material and spiritual realm, for example.) In Celtic folklore, eels carry wisdom, but can also become weapons if wielded by certain warriors. (Which is true of wisdom in a symbolic source as well.) The Vessels suit corresponds to emotions and relationships. I'm not sure what this had to do with today, since I don't remember any major emotional connections or stimulation. I did run into a woman I used to work with, and we had a pleasant conversation, along with a promise to reconnect that may or may not happen.

As an aside, this past week I have had three cards from last week reappear in my daily draws: the Wren, the Fox, and the Fawn. While I was happy to see them, I did set them aside so I could work with other cards instead.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

^^^ how interesting that the knight of vessels (cups?) has a sword carved into the rock.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I did a deck interview with the Norse Tarot this morning to get a better feel for it, especially as it keeps giving me the Queen of Cups and I'm not seeing so many of the cards!

1. What is your personality? Four of Discs

I keep a very tight, orderly ship and I like everything to be in order before we embark on a reading together. I am a stickler for planning and if we are going to work together, it has to be done right. I am a helper and see myself supporting you to grow but I can only do this if you come to me prepared and ready to set sail.

2. What kind of readings are your favourite? Five of Cups

I come into my own when I am helping and supporting you to see the positives in your life and to look to the future, not the past. I like readings where I can help you to identify the positive things you can do to alleviate your worries and leave behind regrets.

3. What are your least favourite kind of readings? Six of Swords

I don't like to read on long-term issues or to give very specific, hard advice on what to do next, or what path to take, especially in crisis or very troubled situations.

4. How best can we work together? Two of Swords

We will get the most out of our relationship if we actively engage with each other and challenge one another without conflict and in the spirit of friendship. Healthy debate and questioning, looking at things from our different perspectives and moving the pieces about to see where we can progress will lead to successful, intuitive readings.

5. Anything else I should know about you? The Moon

Take time to reflect on our readings, use them to reassess your inner world and open yourself up to your imagination. I can give you prompts and then it is down to you to use your dreams, your intuition and psychic skills to make the most of them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today's cards are Chariot (Norse) and Devil (Thoth).

The Chariot urges me to get control of my circumstances and the Devil raises issues of blind impulse and temptation. It's the weekend so I'm thinking this is probably about taking care of what I need to do this weekend and focussing on important tasks not getting sucked into indulgent activities like shopping and eating (ok I do need to eat but I dont need to take 3 hours over lunch) and being online too much because as pleasurable as they are it's not going to get me where I need to be by Monday.

I'm loving the Norse Tarot! There WAS a reason i bought it, I was MEANT to have it in my collection.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Wow, I'm absolutely behind my game! I'm sorry for not opening the new thread, did it now. Everything on top of everything. But nevertheless, I did finish my week - without even looking at the cards more than with a glance... :icon_redface: ... let's have a look at my journal!

Friday - oh yes, Ace of Cups is a good card for Friday. My husband and I had a lovely day. Actually we always have.

Saturday - Two of Swords? It was just a day filled so much with work although it's our weekend. Was there any dilemma? any unhelpful dithering on my side? Hmmm.... I don't think so. I'm always a ditherer. The Ace of Cups and Two of Swords are two cards that could headline most of my days. And the anguish that this card depicts, the two poor people holding on to each other, hm, no, no such drama in my life...until now.... thank the stars for that... and knock on wood.

Sunday - the Hermit. That's a bull's eye. While the other cards are nearly generic for my life, this one is a great fit. I spent the day alone at home, and did a lot of things in the house that I have wanted for a LONG time to do. I'm not yet finished with my plans for the house, it's not yet perfect (thank you for the feedback, dear Virgo-in-my-head), and I can't even say what it is I'm after. This is my project, I do it alone. Somehow, the house doesn't feel right, it's not as it should be, and I'm slowly putting it to rights. Yes, that's absolutely who I was - on Sunday and Monday, and also today. My days when I'm alone at home in my study, switching between computer work and homework.

Looking at the card, I find myself saying: oh yes, it was the day I washed the shower curtains ;-) although I'm the polar opposite of a skinny guy :-)

So, how was my week with the Golden Klimt? This deck is beautiful to behold,

its messages are quite clear, just far enough from the RWS to be interesting but close enough in concept to be comprehendable, but somehow, in this week... it was a bit anemic.

It's not one of the decks that fill me with huge joy and happy recognition. But I wouldn't like to live without it.

To be fair: this week I didn't do my daily cards with proper attention. It's not the deck that was not focused - it was me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links