Sacred Days of Vernal Equinox 2018

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Sacred Days of Vernal Equinox 2018

Post by Nemia »

In this forum, we celebrate the solstices and equinoxes with special group readings, inspired by June Kaminski's original Sacred Days of Yule spread (used beautifully on AT and also here on ET), Raven of Summer's Summer Solstice Spread and my own Autumn Equinox Spread, all found in this thread.

My spring/March equinox spread is nearly ready. I use the world spring and autumn here in a way that makes sense for the Northern Hemisphere - we haven't yet found the best formula to make them fit the Southern Hemisphere seasons but hopefully will do so over time. We need the help of our Southern Hemisphere sisters and brothers for that ;-)

It's definitely possible to do the reading in chunks - every two, three, four or six days. The wonderful thing about the number 12 is the way it can be divided into symmetrical parts. And if you want to go asymmetrical - why not?

The original instructions advocate a card per day at the same day - a print-out wheel that you will with your cards - a highly structured activity. I say: if that sounds good, do it. If not, do it your way.

Fly Lady says, "homework done imperfectly still blesses your family", and I say, "tarot work that disregards the rules is still powerful and good for you" ;-) So feel free to adapt this spread totally to your time needs. This is supposed to be fun, not a dreaded duty :-)

Choosing a deck for these spreads is important and interesting. Some decks have a strong seasonal feeling, others are universal. Pick the deck that is most meaningful to you for this season, for the place you live and the atmosphere this time of the year conveys. What do you feel when you think of the March equinox? Which deck expresses your feelings most powerfully? It's your choice.

Technically, the easiest way to do this is by copying the spread into a post and filling it in over time by editing the original post. Then you have the finished spread at the end of the 12 days, and that's imo better for your own later reference than spreading the spread ;-) over several posts. It does make dialogue difficult - but if you prefer to write a new post whenever you draw a new card, go ahead and do it. Personally, I prefer to have it all in ONE post.

The spread is soon to follow - if you have ideas, I can still add them! Go ahead and post them here!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Sacred Days of Vernal Equinox 2018

Post by Nemia »

Here are my ideas for the spread. I'd be happy to get criticism, better ideas and corrections of my style. I never feel clumsier in English than when trying to focus on a short, precise message :icon_redface:

So here it is - the tentative version of my Vernal Equinox Spread:

Day 1: 15.3. Cybele and Attis Festival

Today is the first day of week-long celebration of Cybele, the great Mother Goddess, and her youthful consort Attis. Today's card talks about love and eros in your life, and how you can celebrate them.

Day 2: 16.3. Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem

Today begins the Zoroastrian Holiday Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem, celebrating the life cycle of human beings, from creation to death, and the presence of angels. Today's card connects you to your own path in life and the angel/power/energy that protects you.

Day 3: 17.3. Liberalia

On this day, the Romans celebrated the Liberalia festival of freedom. Today's card tells you how you use your freedom and encourages you to be really free of bonds that limit your personality, talents and longings. What are the bonds you have to break to be free?

Day 4: 18.3. Ugadi

The Hindu holiday Ugadi is celebrated in some parts of India as New Year. Its traditional food represents the different tastes: sour, salty, sweet and bitter. Today's card shows you how to balance the flavours in your life, to be able to enjoy it to the fullest in the months ahead. How can make you make your life more flavourful and enjoyable?

Day 5: 19.3. Eostre/Ostara

The Germanic goddess of spring is celebrated with eggs, rabbits and the ringing of bells. Today's card reminds you of a bell ringing in your life, a bell that calls you forward and that you didn't heed or overhear until now. Understand what this bell wants to tell you, and in the coming month, try to make its voice heard.

Day 6: 20.3. Spring/Vernal Equinox

This is the day of balance between day and night, when new things grow and push through the earth, when Kore/Persephone returns from the underworld and brings flowers with her. Today's card calls you to contemplate on creativity and renewal in your own life. Where do you resist change, and where should you embrace it?

For Southern Hemisphere tarotists who experience Autumn: what are the wilting things and feelings in my life that I should let go?

Day 7: 21.3. Harmony Day

In Australia, Harmony Day celebrates inclusiveness and acceptance. Today's card asks you to probe your own hidden prejudices, and what you can do to become more open and tolerant. Challenge yourself to inform yourself and get to know cultures, topics or people that until held irrational negative associations for you. How can you become an ambassador for inclusiveness and harmony in your society and immediate surrounding?

Day 8: 22.3. Minerva Day

Minerva/Athene is the Roman/Greek goddess of intelligence, rational thinking and objectivity. Today's card asks you how you use your intelligence and talents, whether you give them the proper place or whether you feel you have undeveloped potential. What can you do to make the best use of your mental powers and intelligence?

Day 9: 23.3. Hilaria

The Roman holiday of Hilaria celebrates laughter and fun. Today's card throws a light on the place light-hearted fun and humour have in your life. Do you laugh often enough? The card challenges you to find things that make you laugh and forget your worries, and do them regularly from now on.

Day 10: 24.3. Earth Hour

On this international day, people stop to think about the environment and the use we make of it. Are you doing all you can to keep and preserve this earth? Today's card asks you to find your own connection to the Earth you live on, whether through environment awareness or the voice of your spiritual tradition. How are you connected to this Earth and how can you honour it?

Day 11: 25.3. Palm Sunday

The Christian holiday of Palm Sunday celebrates peace, hope and new beginnings. Today's card shows you where you have to make peace - with memories, people in your life or other painful matters. Let them go and don't beat yourself up any more.

Day 12: 26.3. Preparation of the Temple of Luna

On the final day of our 12 days, we prepare for the annual Roman festival in the Temple of Luna, the Moon goddess. Today's card tells you how you can become more attuned to the intuitive, quiet side within you, how you can make your spiritual work more meaningful, and how to integrate your shadow into your life. It's the message of the Moon for the spring days ahead while the influence of the Sun is rising.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Looks good to me. You seem to be drawing from a variety of cultures, which always makes this more interesting.

I have a couple of goddess-themed tarot decks, as well as a couple of goddess-themed oracle decks. (Remarkably, I only purchased one of them; the others found me in different ways.) I also have a Sacred Sites tarot deck. I'll have to riffle through them and pick out one that I think will capture the spirit of this exercise.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I thought at first I'll take the Celestial, Quantum or Star Tarot because it's connected to the cosmos... and the Quantum to honour Stephen Hawking who died today... but I want something that reflects the spirit of SPRING. And I think my spring-iest deck is the Idiosyncradeck by Cracked Amethyst.

Yes, I need this deck right now. So on March 15, I start! YES. Then I'll have done all four Signposts of the Year readings. Isn't that wonderful? And I'll continue every three months.

I hope more people participate!

And here is my reading (put as quotes so that it's easier to see):

Today is the first day of week-long celebration of Cybele, the great Mother Goddess, and her youthful consort Attis. Today's card talks about love and eros in your life, and how you can celebrate them.
Judgement

Quite a stormy card... not much of a celebration. These are Jessica Bott's keywords for the card:
Renewal, discovery, transition, rebirth
i.e., the traditional meaning, but in a new visual interpretation. Discovery and renewal sound good. In such a long marriage as I have, we need them. I'll have to think this one over - I hope we're not stuck in a routine... I mustn't take my husband for granted, that's for sure.

Today begins the Zoroastrian Holiday Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem, celebrating the life cycle of human beings, from creation to death, and the presence of angels. Today's card connects you to your own path in life and the angel/power/energy that protects you.
The Devil

The power of the Devil? He was an angel once, Lucifer, the light bringer. It's true that the power of temptation, error and dependence has influenced my life strongly. Not addiction to any substances but addiction in an emotional sense - the feeling of belonging, of being accepted.

I'm fine now but in my youth, I made a lot of errors that I regret now. Less making these errors (they all taught me something) but the reason for these errors is sad, this inner feeling of weakness and worthlessness. I'm grateful that not one of my children has shown similar errors of judgement. They're all very strong and could teach me a thing or two about not giving a damn what others think.

This Devil has indeed ruled my life, and in his most tempting form: as falling angel who still burns bright while he's falling. I had to tear myself from his influence. And I'm totally curious how my liberation looks in my Liberalia card. Wow, I didn't expect this card today. But looking at my life up to now, I can't deny the Devil played a role.

On this day, the Romans celebrated the Liberalia festival of freedom. Today's card tells you how you use your freedom and encourages you to be really free of bonds that limit your personality, talents and longings. What are the bonds you have to break to be free?
The Tower

This harmless, lovely deck - and all the difficult cards jump out at me! But let's be truthful: if I think about the inner devil/demon/dependencies that have plagued me in the past, how did they resolve? how did I find my freedom? More often than not through a Tower event. An event that shook me up, that was forced upon me from the outside when I didn't have the inner power to break the situation up.

The volcano breaking out is also a good simile for my character. I can be nice and patient for a long long time. Just this week, one of my colleagues, a young woman, said admiringly: oh Nemia, I wish I was like you, you're always so serene and patient! How wrong was she. I'm serene and patient only down to the ground floor. Beneath that, there is enough magma to last me for a lifetime. I very rarely get the angry rages Taurus is so infamous for - but everybody who ever saw it remembers it.

(Sun in Taurus, Mars, always close to the Sun, in Aries - what a combination...)

What a pity that I found it difficult in the past to find my liberty by positive means and had to rely either on Tower circumstances or my inner volcano to free myself. Always those extremes.

The first three cards, Judgement for love and eros, Devil for angelic powers and Tower for liberation and liberty, are tough cards but definitely play an important role in my life.

Wow, these readings are always so intense. In my daily cards, I often struggle to connect the cards to my quiet life among my books and cats - but the Deeper Insight Readings that come every three months, they always bring up totally relevant truths. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

The Hindu holiday Ugadi is celebrated in some parts of India as New Year. Its traditional food represents the different tastes: sour, salty, sweet and bitter. Today's card shows you how to balance the flavours in your life, to be able to enjoy it to the fullest in the months ahead. How can make you make your life more flavourful and enjoyable?

Temperance

Wow, another trump - and they're neighbours, XIV, XV and XVI. Weird because I really shuffled well, for a long time, and cut the deck. So here it is, Temperance, one of my favorite cards - and in this deck especially. Look at this weird and beautiful picture. You can't say whether it's spores or stars floating around. All the strange beauty of nature, the biggest and the smallest. Jessica Bott really re-interprets Temperance and I understand what she's trying to bring out. The combination of things that don't seem to mix but somehow do. What I love about Temperance, this Sagittarian idealist card, it's all here - the artistic, the effortless, the lack of hesitation. Temperance doesn't mean a preference for the mediocre but an appreciation of the extremes without going to the extremes.

So for Ugadi, could there be a better card? After the harsh words in the first three days, this card tells me that I did achieve, do achieve balance in my life. I keep the small and big things in sight, I mix the fire of my temperament (Tower) with the water of my weaknesses (Devil), and somehow I get it all under one headline.

Often, Temperance is shown with a rainbow - in the rainbow, water and light (from a fiery source, the sun) meet and become one for a short, dazzling, illusionary but real moment.

If I want to enjoy this balance, I have to keep Temperance in my mind. Temperance is always my affirmation card whenever I get too obsessive about something. I'll put up Temperances on my desk again, it helped me last time I did it.

The Germanic goddess of spring is celebrated with eggs, rabbits and the ringing of bells. Today's card reminds you of a bell ringing in your life, a bell that calls you forward and that you didn't heed or overhear until now. Understand what this bell wants to tell you, and in the coming month, try to make its voice heard.

The Hermit

The Hermit - another major arcanum. The Hermit means being alone, acting alone, and I'm ambivalent about that. Much of my work is done solitarily and I'm glad I don't have to work in a team any more. I enjoy being alone for most of the day. But I don't want to be lonely.

The Hermit is an encouraging card, joyful in this beautiful deck. Did I think about the fiery and watery aspects of my life? This Hermit calls me to play in the water more, to explore it. To go deeper without fear.

This is the day of balance between day and night, when new things grow and push through the earth, when Kore/Persephone returns from the underworld and brings flowers with her. Today's card calls you to contemplate on creativity and renewal in your own life. Where do you resist change, and where should you embrace it?
Strength

Oh, another trump card, another very apt card. Creativity and renewal in my life - they break through the stones no matter what I do. This card means so much to me. I'm amazed how this simple, nearly naive-looking deck with its friendly colours and clear lines brings so much freshness to the good old major arcana. Very precise image. I know I have to go back to painting and drawing, I was so happy when I painted. Somehow I dropped art when I was too busy. I hope that soon the waves will calm. And I know how much better it will make me feel again... I drew and painted since I was a child, why did I stop after studying art? It's all excuses, but the time for excuses is over...

In Australia, Harmony Day celebrates inclusiveness and acceptance. Today's card asks you to probe your own hidden prejudices, and what you can do to become more open and tolerant. Challenge yourself to inform yourself and get to know cultures, topics or people that until held irrational negative associations for you. How can you become an ambassador for inclusiveness and harmony in your society and immediate surrounding?
Chariot

What a difficult question - what was I thinking when I wrote it? I'm afraid that my days of political and social activism are in the past, I used to be much more active in a multi-cultural setting but in the last years, I retreated into my private world where I try to spread harmony in my own little way. The Chariot is a powerful card. My private world is pretty multi-cultural, too. My family is. My biography is. Maybe I should make better use of my experiences. Make my little brook part of a larger stream again.

I love this card btw. You can really hear the water rush.

Minerva/Athene is the Roman/Greek goddess of intelligence, rational thinking and objectivity. Today's card asks you how you use your intelligence and talents, whether you give them the proper place or whether you feel you have undeveloped potential. What can you do to make the best use of your mental powers and intelligence?
Knight of Arrows

More Fire! Fire of the Fire! I have neglected fire in my life. I have probably fulfilled only very little of the potential that is buried within me. What I lack is: ambition - motivation - assertiveness. And who embodies them better than anyone else in the tarot? This wonderful arrow. What a great symbol - kinetic energy, focused on one spot, ready to fly any moment. I'm far from being an arrow - I'm a mossy stone who didn't roll and challenge herself for a long time.

This reading is going really well. I needed to have my ass kicked, and all these firecrackers are just great. Even the Watery Chariot is as energetic and powerful as Water can get. Well, the Hermit gives me a break and asks me to stop being so dependent on others. But the rest of my cards - mostly strong Fires that tell me to get mooooving.

The Roman holiday of Hilaria celebrates laughter and fun. Today's card throws a light on the place light-hearted fun and humour have in your life. Do you laugh often enough? The card challenges you to find things that make you laugh and forget your worries, and do them regularly from now on.
The High Priestess

That's funny - the serious, deep thinking, intuitive High Priestess is to bring me light hearted fun and humour. For me, she's the symbol of spirituality, and in this image, again the artist found a beautiful and moving natural equivalent to the archetypes. It's one of my life dreams to see the aurora borealis (don't think I'll ever see it, we simply have no money to travel so far), but the stars and stones are wonderful enough to enjoy.

Finding pleasure and enjoyment in life through spirituality. Just today, my husband and I talked about it. Not everybody has a sense for spirituality/religion/belief/faith, and in my close family, I'm the only one. It's like a sense of music - you either have it or you don't. When I complained that I miss holidays, rituals and celebrations, my husband said: so lead the way. (I used to lead the way in the past but since my un-spiritual children grew up, I'm afraid to embarrass them with songs and candles...)

How can I connect fun, especially family fun but also fun only for myself, with spirituality? That's a great question and challenge.

On this international day, people stop to think about the environment and the use we make of it. Are you doing all you can to keep and preserve this earth? Today's card asks you to find your own connection to the Earth you live on, whether through environment awareness or the voice of your spiritual tradition. How are you connected to this Earth and how can you honour it?
Three of Arrows

Three of Arrows - determination to reach that wonderful tempting island which is so different from where I come from, according to the lwb. Again an interesting and original re-interpretation of the RWS meaning.

My connection to this earth - the first thing I thought spontaneously was that I should fly less. And then I sigh. There is an issue I'd love to take up but I know I won't, I'm simply not determined enough. Light pollution. There is a Dark Sky Association in my country but it's not active in my area. And my area is full of wild life and little villages totally over-lighted at night. If I only had the energy and time to become an active member of the association and start activities in our area. I know that this issue is waiting for me, calling for me. I should at least prepare for jumping into action when I finish my work life.

The Christian holiday of Palm Sunday celebrates peace, hope and new beginnings. Today's card shows you where you have to make peace - with memories, people in your life or other painful matters. Let them go and don't beat yourself up any more.
Page of Cups

What an endearing way of depicting the Page of Cups. A new day is dawning, The letters on the table look like nice, friendly letters, no nasty bills or some other ugliness ;-) Human contact, reaching out, answering when others contacted me - everything is a bit more difficult in the last few years. I quite retreated into my shell. I shouldn't. I can keep my cozy corner in the world and still be a happy and involved person.

This Page is part of my "inner child", still vulnerable after so many years that should have taught me to grow a tougher skin. Well in many ways I did. I don't care any more what certain people think about me. They're welcome to their thoughts (and most likely, they're perfectly right). But still I fear rejection by people who are important to me. How stupid is it to let that spoil some friendships?

There are people I have to make peace with. There are people I have to re-establish contact with, and if they're not interested any more, let them go in good spirits. And there is my own relationship with myself, always and for everybody quite complicated.

This card is so kind and optimistic. The Page of Cups always is, but in this depiction, my age doesn't exclude me from it. Even for people my age, the sun rises every morning, and a cup of rooibos tea comforts me before I start dealing with the incoming mail....

I can't believe that tomorrow, this is over again :-((((( I love these twelve days so much.

On the final day of our 12 days, we prepare for the annual Roman festival in the Temple of Luna, the Moon goddess. Today's card tells you how you can become more attuned to the intuitive, quiet side within you, how you can make your spiritual work more meaningful, and how to integrate your shadow into your life. It's the message of the Moon for the spring days ahead while the influence of the Sun is rising.
Five of Arrows

Right now - a muddle. Many different things I want but I keep blocking myself. There is no uplifting message to be had with this card. I had a lot of Wands lately - and the Chariot. Focus and determination - I used to have lots of it, but not lately and right now. According to the lwb, the message of this card is more or less: Pull yourself together and get on with things. Not a very comforting message...

I'll take a picture today of my complete reading and think about it some more.

The complete reading - so many majors!

Only three Arrows and one Cups - no Stones, no Swords.

Interesting. Oh, I should have taken pictures of the elemental groups, too. ;-) I had 8 Fire, three Water and one Earth. No Air at all.

That seems like a huge potential of energy - why don't I feel like it? Because it's all dammed up? Really a very interesting reading, card by card as well as all together.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Five of Cups (Disappointment)
When I think of fives, I think, first and foremost, about the passing of time. Four, the number of structure, brings the mental concepts of 1-3 into the physical realm. Having become physical in the four, they then become subject to time in the fives. Things change, they decay, and they pass on. Nothing is forever. This is the source of the titular disappointment.

Today, this card tells us that we love in the real world of impermanance. Offer your best today because you may not be able to offer it tomorrow.

The Priestess
This card reminds me of the women who've protected and guided me on my path in life. My grandmother, who was always my biggest fan. My wife, who always makes sure I'm taken care of even when it's hard. And my daughter, who's presence keeps me focused on being a better version of me so that I can take the best care of her.

The Hermit

This card is telling me to be more of myself and complements yesterday's Sun card. I should follow the light of my own lantern while forging the path of transcendence invoked by The Sun. FYI, The Hermit is my astrological card and often pops up to represent me.

The Moon

This one is a little bit hard for me to figure out. To be honest, I haven't particularly connected yet with this deck's Moon. If yesterday's Hermit was telling me to be myself, then perhaps today's Moon is telling me what parts of myself to emphasize while being.

Two of Wands (Dominion)

Nemia, for one, will likely be excited that I got this card today. This fits in nicely with my recent cards that have been telling me to express myself more overtly. Embrace the power of my fiery Martian ram. This draw feels very resonant to me alongside a recent self-read I did. One position was "how to take advantage of my strength" (what is my strength was the previous card). I pulled:

Look at all that lightening! Dominion, indeed.

The Emperor
Man, I'm loving all this seasonally appropriate Aries/Masculine/power energy that's coming my way. I hope it means that this going to be my year. It's time for me to stop feeling others so much and start making sure that I'm being felt. Speaking as a musician, the best harmonies contain a good bit of dissonance.

ETA: It's crazy how many majors I'm getting in here. I'm really looking to take this as something auspicious.

I don't feel like I should draw this card because it's basically the same thing as the reading I only recently did and that I made reference to above.

Five of Disks (Worry)

Another Five! This card's art is tremendously on point. Just last night I was up late looking at videos of vintage drum machines in action and have been spending a lot of time lately grappling with the musical electronics that I'm trying to have fun with. This cards relationship with Mercury and The Hierophant are telling. I tend to get caught up in over theorizing and over intellectualizing my things when I clearly do my best work (and have the most fun) when I can let go of all of that and act from a place of engagement and embodiment.

The Star

This makes a lot of intuitive sense, although I'm not quite sure how to articulate it. Frankly, The Star is one of my weaker cards. While many of my other cards have been telling me to assert myself and my will in the world of ideas and society, this card is telling me to be very reactive, open, and even submissive in the physical world around me. This is a very wet card. It almost looks like the river of stars is emptying into the lake where the subject bathes. This suggests "going with the flow" and acting in accordance with the dictates of my surroundings.

The Hanged Man

I'm going to have to think about this one. We continue yesterday's watery contrast to fire and, also, the theme of submission that I posited for The Star. These references suggest that I have to make piece with my surroundings. Perhaps as the elemental card of water, The Hanged Man is telling me that I have to make peace with my feelings. Here's what I don't know: in order to do that, do I have to delve deeper or do I have to upright myself?

Ten of Swords (Ruin)
As a solar card, the Ten of Swords harkens back to Liberalia and the development of a new, transcendental freedom for myself. Logic and reason can only take one so far. It is time to stop focusing so much on knowing and to do more doing. Each of these lengthening days has a new dawn and I'll perhaps be best served viewing them through the lens of the disks.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

I looked through several decks before starting this, but for me, the time around Easter is more of a spiritual time than a secular one (despite the Easter Bunny's best efforts). So I'm using the Stained Glass Window Tarot. ("Church cards" for the win! :icon_e_biggrin: )

The Moon. How appropriate. (Or not....)

Many people would consider the Moon to symbolize romance, but to me it suggests something hidden, or something that's not what it seems. To me, this makes sense as a symbol of love -- none of us can ever completely know someone else. I've always been cautious about love and romance, as there's often a heavy price to pay if the relationship doesn't work out. As an introvert, interacting with people can be exhausting.

Of course, people can also see the Moon as symbolizing that love and romance are mysteries to be solved....

The Queen of Swords. There's a... charming image.

Intellectual, honest, forthright, seemingly unemotional. Willing to do what needs to be done to achieve the desired goal. This is one of the two cards I use for myself if I need a querent card, although I think that's more because I like the Warrior Queen image than because it sounds like me. I do, however, believe in life-long learning and putting thought before action, so this card does represent something I consider a strong part of my life path.

The Ten of Pentacles. This is generally a positive card, with the message "you have it all, or will achieve it all." However, I think it can also suggest that I need to stop worrying about money and material things, which will take care of themselves. (I prefer to help that idea along by making good financial decisions, of course.) It's true that I have a large financial commitment coming up, but I've put some money away to pay for it, and have taken out a loan at a reasonable interest rate. So now I just need to pay bills, avoid overspending on things, and keep breathing. :icon_e_smile:

The Page of Wands. Representing the pleasure of new projects and experiences, with the enthusiasm and energy to carry them out. Being spontaneous (but not foolishly so). Trying something different, learning a new craft or technique. I enjoy trying new hobbies. I used to enjoy learning new technology, but it seems more difficult now. Maybe it's time to ask the boss to purchase us a 3-D printer....

Light. Warmth. Longer days. Friends. Family. Brown paper packages, tied up with strings. These are a few of my favorite things....

Sorry. Got carried away.

Remembering to look for the joy, not just the happiness. (There is a difference.) Remembering the light at the end of the tunnel, when all you can see is the tunnel.

The 7 of Swords

Often a card of betrayal and deception, either of others or yourself. Or someone is betraying or deceiving you.

I've reached a point in life where I often resist certain kinds of change, especially in my personal life. I dislike having change forced on me, or having things change to quickly. I like at least the illusion of control. Right now I'm seeing various changes in life at home -- we're putting a second bathroom in the house, for example. However, I might be fooling myself that we'll be able to live here for much longer -- my mother and I are both getting older, and taking care of a house will continue to become more challenging.

Temperance: usually one of my favorite cards. This is no exception.

Balance, either between cultures or between reading about them and actually experiencing them, or in helping people in the community become more balanced in their understanding.

The 4 of Swords. Rest, reflection. This makes some sense to me, since it's been my experience that if I spend time thinking about something else, or doing something unrelated to my problem or question, the answer will eventually reveal itself.

The Heirophant (The Pope). Orthodoxy, hierarchy, spiritual authority. I do belong to a denomination that encourages both questions and a sense of humor, so there's that.

Four of Cups. Often a card signifying apathy or wishful thinking. I'm big on protecting the environment, and do regularly donate to conservation groups, but would like to find a more direct way to advocate. I don't feel as though I'm doing enough.

Perhaps it's time to forget about applying feminism to most of the religions out there, and start just trying to live it.

10 of Wands. Carrying too much, a need to delegate. Time to stop taking on new projects, to make an effort to finish things I've started. Spend some time focusing on spiritual matters, even for only a few minutes a day.
Last edited by Seldes Katne on 26 Mar 2018, 13:32, edited 7 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Beautiful decks here! I hope more people come along. Just copy the spread and fill it in. It's definitely possible to do the whole reading in one "spring cleaning" session, as 12 card reading, if you don't have the time for the daily ritual or feel it's too disconnected.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hmmmm.... my update from yesterday is gone. I'll repost the card but might not put the text back up, at least for awhile.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 14:25 Hmmmm.... my update from yesterday is gone. I'll repost the card but might not put the text back up, at least for awhile.
My last update also disappeared. Fortunately it wasn't very long, and I still had the graphic of the card on my desktop. Posts do seem to vanish every so often.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I wonder if maybe I/we hit preview instead of submit.
Seldes Katne wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 22:34
Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 14:25 Hmmmm.... my update from yesterday is gone. I'll repost the card but might not put the text back up, at least for awhile.
My last update also disappeared. Fortunately it wasn't very long, and I still had the graphic of the card on my desktop. Posts do seem to vanish every so often.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links