Deck of the Week #11: March 12 - 18

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
kyan

Re: Deck of the Week #11: March 12 - 18

Post by kyan »

Charlie Brown wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 11:19 Another artistic instruction:

Balance the desire to produce with the intellectual underpinning of craft.

In the fractal, we see the complement of linear and circular structures reflecting the spirit/mind dichotomy of the main reading.
what number was the fractal card?!?

you posted at 8:19 (my time) and your tarot cards are 8, Q(1), 9, 8, 9....

great analysis. short and succinct. you’re reading tarot like lenormand!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

kyan wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 15:12 what number was the fractal card?!?

you posted at 8:19 (my time) and your tarot cards are 8, Q(1), 9, 8, 9....

great analysis. short and succinct. you’re reading tarot like lenormand!
It's card number 41. According to the book, which I find useless, this is the deck's eponymous Path of the Soul card.
a complete opening the Heart Center. Your will and the Divine Will are merging. The next step in the journey to Ascension, operating fully from a place of love. Trust each and every step you are guided to take even if you do not understand it in this moment
yadda yadda yadda
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Nemia wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 07:10
Isn't this card wonderful? It's as if every card were a whole storybook. The cards are busy but they don't fall apart. Just imagine having them as posters. I think you can get lost in them...
posters! i was thinking the same thing... how seventies. they remind me of really cool album cover art too. man, those were the days!

—————

seldes katne, LOL about strength and bail money... :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

another LWB bites the dust, i see!

yeah, with cards like that it’s probably pretty easy to intuit your own user meanings. glad to see the author is rereleasing all three decks, i noticed the out of print first edition was going for a hefty price online!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The Nine of Swords. Oh no. This card appears quite often - well, if one draws a daily card for more than a year, then most cards will re-appear. Hm, I never checked the distribution of my daily cards... but this Nine, I've seen it before. And it's always true. I'm an insomniac, a worrier, I often feel vulnerable and have fear that my luck won't hold. Knock on wood.

I simply cannot learn to enjoy the moment. I could do so when I was younger. By now I'm old enough to know that absolutely everything is possible, nothing can be taken for granted in life. I feel undeservedly lucky - for now.

When my children were younger, I went every night from bed to bed when they were sleeping, blessing them and trying to weave a protective web. Now they're all adults, out on their own, in all kinds of strange weird places. I'm happy they're independent and free - that's what I wanted. But the worry is killing me... and I can't stop it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Thursday's card: The Star.

Optimism. Lights in the darkness. The wonder of the universe. Guidance. This is usually one of my favorite cards in most tarot decks, especially because it often includes water, which is a major draw for me. (I do wish this young woman would get some clothes on, however.)

I feel that this card has shown up in response to a couple of things happening right now. We have a major renovation project going on, and while the guys working on it are all very professional and good-humored, they are also showing up at 7 a.m., which means minimal sleep for me for the next three weeks. Also, life is going to be very busy between now and the first weekend of April, which both the construction and Spring Break should be over. There will be a LOT happening in that three-week period, including Easter, library programming, and a great deal of pounding and sawing and running up and down stairs. I suspect this card is telling me to just keep going, that things will be okay, and that light will appear at the end of the tunnel.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

i’m loving these posts. i get teary eyed, then i smile. thank you for sharing.

“the naked stars” sounds like a chapter in a david sedaris book. :icon_razz:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Sublimate individual quirks in order to absorb greater wisdom.

In the fractal, I see a buddha sitting inside a temple. He jettisons the flotsam of the ego in order to understand the highest truths. By only doing what we're good at and by relying too heavily on our individuating habits as a source of originality we stay stagnant and repetitive.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

kyan wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 08:07 “the naked stars” sounds like a chapter in a david sedaris book. :icon_razz:
Or the name of my next rock band.... :icon_lol:

~*~*~*~*~

Friday's Card: the Knight of Pentacles.

Someone concerned with material possession or health. Often a somewhat unimaginative but reliable individual. Practical, down-to-earth.

This may relate to me today. I'm getting ready for two library programs tomorrow, and I've been working through a checklist of things to complete before I go home, or before I come in tomorrow. (And while I consider myself creative, I don't think I'm terribly imaginative. I can adapt ideas, just not generate new ones.)

I've also had someone today suggest we offer storytimes or other programs for developmentally disabled adults, which I will begin to explore in the near future. But again, I will be looking to see what other folks have done on this first, so I have ideas to work with.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

My Friday card: the Sun. And that's very true. It was a sunny day, I had a lovely day at home, getting on with all kinds of projects, had real quiet fun and felt loved and loving. Who doesn't love the Sun card? Even though I have already as a child moonlight and clouds and preferred them to open sunlight, the essence of the Sun is so life-giving and wonderful that I can't but love the Sun. It's a star like all the other stars, only our atmosphere and closeness make it appear as it does. Whoever loves the stars, and we all do, loves the Sun, too.

I always think of my mother when I see the Sun card. She's a sunny type, radiant, full of fun, always optimistic, a force to be reckoned with. I come from a culture where the Sun is female so it's automatic for me to see maternal love as sun-like.

And for today, Saturday: the Two of Pentacles.

Interesting card - abstract, and it reminds me of the Tree of Life, the connection between Tif'eret and Yesod - Sun and Moon. Did I do today work from the different realms? Yes I did. I did day's work (again, domestic and maternal work), and I did work from the night side, too (tarot, slowly working my way back into shadow work). I try to keep this balance every day.

Let's have a look at the book to see what the artist thought about while painting her beautiful, rich, detailed, fascinating Two of Pentacles.

She talks about the realms - conscious and unconscious, about juggling different things, about balance and accepting change. The picture is very clear and conveys her ideas well.

The Star Tarot is very RWS. For people who don't like the RWS style, it's a good alternative. The RWS card meanings are unchanged but the art is very evocative and symbol-rich.

Lovely deck. Can I believe that tomorrow is my last day with it??? NO I can't believe it!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links