Deck of the Week #11: March 12 - 18

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
kyan

Re: Deck of the Week #11: March 12 - 18

Post by kyan »

Hi Charlie, your “path of the soul fractal art oracle card” looked interesting so I went online and found some info about the deck… It seems she has three now!

also found this very soothing cool fractal art video on her youtube.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

They're all scheduled to be re-released this summer if you're interested in them.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Nemia wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 02:59 The Knight of Cups. Isn't this card beautiful? Look at all this blue. We have the element of Water and the pursuit of what you believe in, the dynamic character of the knight.
That is a gorgeous card. I'll have to check out the whole deck.

~*~*~*~

Today's card is the Two of Swords:

Making a choice. Sometimes indecision. Two (or more) options that seem equally good or bad.

Guess I'd better call the electrician and tell him I don't need the re-wiring job after all.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The Magician. That card that I distrust instinctively. What does he want from me? What do I have to do? where does he want to push me to? Oh this guy with the persuasive smile... just when I thought I might do what I want today...

Well, actually on this card he looks a bit grim and more serious than I take him. He looks a bit like a statue of Liberty who didn't have her monobrow adjusted, and weirdly dressed.

This is one card where I think this tarot goes a bit overboard. But that might well be intentional. The whole impressive show of the Magician is a bit over the top. He's the first major after the Fool. I always get "fake it until you make it" vibes from him.

I really wonder what he wants to tell me today...no I know it.... and I resist his message. No, dear Magician, I don't want to. I gave up.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Don't let the barriers to your success and abundance become internalized. Go another way and chase something new.

I don't know how well it photographs, but in the fractal card, one can clearly see that last denier receding into the distance. You better get going if you want to catch it.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

This one I understand.

Today's card is the Strength card:

Today was one of those days where issues cropped up all day long -- from contractors showing up late to technical glitches at work to personnel problems. This is a card that can represent mastery of one's self, allowing you to keep your head when everyone around you is losing theirs.

(It also reminds me of the saying "God give me patience, because if you give me strength, I will also need bail money." :icon_lol: )

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The Princess of Pentacles - I had her last week, too. And I think I understand what she tells me. She's my younger self, and there are some projects I dropped - I feel cynical, old and unable to take them up again - but this recurring princess reminds me of the good feeling I had when I started a particular journey. I've been thinking about it for some time - and now the Princess seems to remind me again of how good it made me feel. Maybe I shouldn't have given up? I have given up so much over the course of my life... can I recover some?

Isn't this card wonderful? It's as if every card were a whole storybook. The cards are busy but they don't fall apart. Just imagine having them as posters. I think you can get lost in them...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Another artistic instruction:

Balance the desire to produce with the intellectual underpinning of craft.

In the fractal, we see the complement of linear and circular structures reflecting the spirit/mind dichotomy of the main reading.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Wednesday's Card: The Moon

Uncertainty. Something hidden, or something masquerading. Deception. Not what it seems.

The woman in the card looks as though she's searching for something, or that she's found something she didn't expect. Behind her are two wolves who seem to consider her part of their pack.

I'm honestly not sure how that relates to today. Nothing really unexpected happened today, everyone I'm dealing with seems to be honest and up-front, and I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Perhaps the future will reveal something.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Emotional growth fosters adaptability and resilience in the face of difficult truths.

The fractal doesn't tell me much except for that it was hard to make out, much like this reading. I usually do this exercise with the majors only. The minors add a lot of difficulty.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links