Deck of the Week #12: March 19-25

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week #12: March 19-25

Post by Seldes Katne »

Wednesday's Card: the Seven of Water.

Seated in the middle of tranquility, surrounded by all kinds of fish. This evening I had the first full meeting of a Tarot Enthusiasts Club, and experienced a room full of people discussing cards, decks, art, and reading for 90 minutes. It was both comfortable and energizing at the same time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

^^^ oh wow, what a magical card! as a pisces i find it *most* alluring! your tarot group also sounds divine! lucky you.

happy spring!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

kyan wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 04:31 ^^^ oh wow, what a magical card! as a pisces i find it *most* alluring! your tarot group also sounds divine! lucky you.

happy spring!
Thank you, kyan. I was actually born under a fire sign, but I've always been attracted to water. The water cards in this deck are especially appealing.

As is today's card: The Moon.

It's no surprise that this card graces both the box and the front cover of the book that accompanies this deck. It's a lovely, benevolent image, a reminder that mystery and hidden things can be beautiful and intriguing, as opposed to scary and threatening. The book for this deck talks about the need of trusting in mystery, that what appears to be happening may not be what it seems, and that there are often things waiting in the shadow to be illuminated.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

For Friday: the Ace of Coins. Oh let's hope I get a chance to make some money! I love my job but scratching together some money is so difficult for me. I find it difficult to demand the money I deserve. I'm not assertive enough. Maybe some idea will grow arms and legs and be able to walk? Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Who doesn't love Aces? Funny enough, the Ace of Coins just started its rule. I had the Emperor, just when Aries began, and now the Ace of Coins - Ace and Princess of Coins rule Spring.

I love being in tune, when cards and time tick together.

I'm sure that this is a very good sign!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

ahh, i didn’t know the ace and princess of coins rule spring — i pulled the ace of coins earlier today, too. i noticed it was a woman’s hand holding the coin, which in the silhouette deck of “spirit within” looks a lot like the moon. (in fact, a lot of the cards have big circles in them that could be moons or suns.) in hope it means a chance to make some extra $$ too.

that is a very pretty moon card up there... it’s very maxfield parrish in a way. i’ve always loved the old images of people sitting in a crescent moon. i recall the vintage setups in photo studios of yesteryear with the crescent moon props that couples could sit in to pose for the camera and smooch.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Friday's card: Transformation.

Becoming something new. Letting go of old things. Substantial, irrevocable change.

What's remarkable is that the card I pulled today for an oracle exercise I'm doing was Regeneration. :icon_eek:

This appears to be a positive change, so I'm hoping the card doesn't signal that my house is going to blow up or I'm going to turn into a turnip or something.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

haha ,,, a a lovely golden turnip, if so!

your cards are timely! i heard that with mercury in retrograde the 22nd - 15th, now is a good time to reflect upon doing things within that can stimulate positive change.

i don’t subscribe to the belief that mercury retrograde is all doom and gloom. yesterday and someone told me that the retrogrades this year will be “much more severe” than last year and i just said **whatever**..... sometimes people anticipate the worst.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Oh no, the Tower again. Well, it's in a way inevitable - dear Mars is at his strongest right now, ruling two decans one after the other, and ruling Aries too. I had the Tower in my Vernal Spring reading, and now here.

I can only hope that nothing really horrible happens. When I read for others, I always calm them down when the Tower appears; obviously that doesn't work when I see my own Tower...

Lately, quite a lot of cards told me to shake things up a bit in my life. I'm too complacent, too set in my routines and I have too many demands of my life.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

sounds like it’s time to get a grip and let go! :icon_e_biggrin:

hopefully you’ll land somewhere soft if so. with mercury in retrograde, you may find the shakeup related to something mechanical, tho.

it’s weird. i hardly EVER draw the tower in readings. not in any recent readings, at least.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Well, I guess I really do have money matters on my mind. Today's card is the 4 of Earth.

With the four coins suspended in mid-air, it literally looks like having money on one's mind.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links