Deck of the Week #17: April 23 - 29

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #17: April 23 - 29

Post by Charlie Brown »

Charlie Brown wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 11:43 My, what nice looking decks people have this week!

For me, Fox-Tree-Letter. We'll see what happens and I'll update at the end of the day.

I sometimes get frustrated with Lenormand daily draws because, often, they're both so bluntly literal and inconsequential that it's hard to figure out what's happening. For example fox - tree - letter sounds like it could be describing the walk in the stroller I take with the baby. We see trees and get the mails. Fox is sometimes interpreted as a cat, although I would tend to think that the dog card covers all pets. I admit it isn't something that really comes up for me much.

So...I'll predict that I'm going to get some sort of medical bill in the mail. It will either be confusing/wrong or it will be addressed to someone who doesn't live at my address.
Well, so far so good with my daily draw. All three cards (and the mirrors) came about in sequential order. For the record, I feel very iffy about using mirroring with three cards and doubly so with a daily draw, but the mirrorings work today, so let's use them.

Fox - Something was wrong with a piece of my equipment. Mirroring the letter suggests it will be a fleeting problem and it was. I only had to power cycle it in order to get it to work again.

Tree - Trees played an extra-super-big part of our stroll today. Every time we passed a tree, she would point up and make a very excited noise. We passed a small (c. 6-7') palm tree and I wheeled her under its canopy. We spent quite a few happy minutes delighting in how the fronds swayed over her carriage, tantalizingly just out of reach.

Letter - I received some correspondence about a project of mine. As the mirrored fox might suggest, it was about something that was wrong and needs to be fixed.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

First card this week: the Crane Bag.

This is to symbolize a place to store personal energy and magic, so it's readily available when needed.

What makes more sense to me is the "clutter, de-clutter" suggestion. It's spring, so many people start cleaning the house and clearing out stuff that's been sitting during the winter. I'm also going to be doing some rearranging with room furnishings and craft/sewing supplies. Now that the upstairs bathroom is done, I'm going to be moving my bedroom into a larger room upstairs, and converting the smaller room to a storage area for Christmas decorations, craft supplies and costumes.

I suppose, in a way, that the bedroom can symbolize a place where I store energy, since it's a private place and I'm the only one who uses it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Oh, I love spring cleaning, nesting and all the other domestic rituals of renewal - I identify strongly with my home and always feel they're not only of practical use but also highly symbolic.

My card for today is the Warrior of Fire - and I'll need some Fire today, I'm afraid, there's so much waiting for me today... I'm always in need of Fire energy to get me going.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well I did get the three of swords again. In this deck the situation looks worse than in the panda deck. You have dark clouds and rain and one bear is crying, and the other two bears are trying to get comfort by hugging and kissing each other. You can see that from the three swords they created blood drops on the heart itself and dripping down at the end of the swords. Sad pitiful Card
This card fits tomorrows situation, with my dad coming home in hospice care
Well it ends up that he will be coming home tomorrow, so right now we're just preparing for him to come home, get the place doing
laundry and what ever I can do to help. This about the loss Of the person who is no longer the person he used to be .
Last edited by Belinda2 on 24 Apr 2018, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Tree - Dog - Park

Well, frankly, my day does tend to revolve around my outings with the baby. I'm going to guess this is pretty on the nose. We'll see trees and dogs on our way to and at the park. Same as most days. Of course, maybe an old friend will stick up for me on facebook.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Since it is day off and an just sitting around doing laundry ( it takes for ever). I thought I would go head and do the card for Wednesday. Four of coins

This card is about control and wanting to keep what you have. While I did do the draw for wed it seems to relate to an issue today. We are starting to liquidate some items that we have in house, since will have to move. I was planning on putting some of the furniture on the free website and see what we could sell them, but my niece already has app so I'm gonna let her handle it and that money will go towards some of the dates that we have as a family and not towards my personal debts.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Card of the Day is Knight of Cups.

The romantic Knight of Flowers Ser Loras Tyrell prepares to take part in a tourney. When I drew this card this morning it rang alarm bells and I felt it was to do with not being too sentimental or over emotional. This afternoon I've had to tell someone who has worked for me for quite a long time that they can't continue in their job and I'll be looking for a new role for them. It was hard and I had to be sensitive but I had to keep my personal emotions out of it to a large extent.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The Moon for Wednesday. Wow, what a magical card.

I hope I'll have the time to compare this deck with the Star Tarot. They're not like siblings but somehow seem like cousins to me. The blue, the use of animal symbolism, the magical world...I love Lisa Hunt's art and find it very evocative. I can hear the dog and the wolf howl... and just when I went outside, I listened to the jackals and enjoyed their wild howling. We don't have wolves here but lots of jackals. And when they howl, the dogs from the village answer. I even called my sister outside to listen, it's special for her because there are no jackals where she lives.

Sometimes the cards surprise me - for me, seeing or hearing wild animals is a spiritual experience, and it's not the first time that the cards reflect that.

Totally in tune until now. The Warrior of Fire was totally apt - I even burnt my nose on my busy day because I walked outside a lot, was so busy I didn't even notice it.

I love it when the cards give these little hints ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Tuesday's card: Divine Sensuality.

Huh.

Okay.

I... have absolutely no idea what to do with this card. I'm not seeing any correspondence with what I did to today (a lot of driving, as we're on the way home from vacation). No relationships, nothing. I'm not interested in exploring that aspect of life now, so.... *shrugs*

Drawing a blank.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The Sorcerer for today. So much to do again, the whole day planned ahead - and I have to wear the mask of competence all day long... I have no idea how to fit everything into my day... let's see whether some sorcery will help.

I'll take a look at the book tonight, I hope at least I can manage that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links