Deck of the Week #19: May 6 - 14

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week #19: May 6 - 14

Post by Seldes Katne »

Monday and Tuesday: The Chariot and the Wheel of Fortune, respectively.

Things just keep turning and turning. Although the Chariot is about steering a course, and the Wheel of Fortune is about changes in circumstances and events. Nothing out of the ordinary there -- I'm working my way through tasks at both work and home.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

This deck has 2 Lovers and 2 Devils. I might even leave both lovers in for romance readings (which is why I got the deck). This one is more dutiful and commitment oriented. The other one is for gettin' freaky as the kids once liked to say.

Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

So far, I've found the book to be pretty good at explaining the thought process behind the individual cards. I've also, however, found the cards to be very comprehensible for how they relate to the standard RWS. This one, I'm far less sure. I'll look forward to having a chance to crack the book this afternoon.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For today my day off I got the five of scepters/ Wands:

Looks like some success will happen today. Which is from the little booket very different from the standard and meanings minor setbacks, being annoyed.
Well I have been pretty annoyed today,chaotic home environment, and paying bills, Doctor is overcharging,and find some bills that I never knew I had. returning items just doing errands.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Wednesday: Two of Coins. What did I do on Wednesday? I worked from home. This is always a nice day because I can make my own timetable - but it's also difficult because there are too many things I want to get done at the same time... which makes it a perfect Two of Coins day. I was having fun but didn't get everything done... and if we talk about my spiritual life, I'm indeed torn and undecided about my path. This inner conflict has been brooding for too long.

Yesterday: the Knight of Pentacles. That's the work animal of the deck. What a pity I can't find any spiritual side in this guy. He just plods on. And so do I.

And for today, my dear Emperor. I have to give some tlc to my husband, who is my emperor. I'm not sure why the creator of this deck chose the Pantocrator for this card, i.e., a Byzantine convention for the depiction of Jesus. In German, it makes more sense - the Emperor is called Herrscher, i.e. ruler, and the Pantocrator is the ruler of everything. I'd have preferred a worldly image, like one of the Byzantine emperors - Justinianus would have made an interesting and powerful Emperor.

Well well. This week is running by fast!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well I did this earlier and seems like it's gone. For Friday the star of the Magi, going with a day full with hope and inspiration.
Well I did a reading for myself that it was very good and I hope it will come to pass.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 11 May 2018, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

The Ace of Pentacles for my darling daughter's first birthday.

Also, I made this last night for a thread on a different site.

Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Card draw for today The gate of the sanctuary/ The high priestess card
I am hoping that today I can be calm and patient. It's a pretty busy day at work so it's good that I'm so calm and patient today.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

I really have been pulling cards regularly; since this is a recently developed deck, there aren't a lot of places online that depict the individual cards, so I've scanned the last four for this week:

Tuesday's card was again the Chariot, and I took that one fairly literally: my car has been giving me a warning light for tire pressure, so on Thursday I checked the pressure and filled the one tire that was low.

Wednesday's card was the Magician (if/when I do a review of this deck, I will have to use this card as a visual -- the fox is literally pulling a rabbit out of his hat!).

Thursday's card was the Seven of Pentacles -- the fox is "carrying" three of the coins.

Friday's card is the King of Scepters. I suspect this might signify me, even though I'm not male. I did, however, take a workshop on Friday that gave me ideas about music and movement that I would like to incorporate into my summer programming for pre-schoolers.

Saturday's card was Strength (apparently shown by the fact that the fox has enough self-control to not eat the rabbit). This might be a hint of things to come: I belong to a Star Trek fan group that has recently formed a second, related group, and I've ended up in a "command" position for both groups. It's going to take a fair amount of self-discipline to keep up with all this while dealing with some of the membership. Fortunately, we've got some very good people involved with both groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

On Saturday - the Tower. A very tough and destructive discussion within the family with one very angry family member and many very bewildered listeners. In a way a cleansing experience that was later backed up by good individual in-depth discussions, but as event quite shattering for my harmony-loving self.

Heartbreak continues with the Ten of Swords. Too many difficult things to take in at once. Too much of everything, as a matter of fact. I went into emotional distance mode.

If I look at this whole difficult but also interesting and very intense week - the Golden Tarot of the Tsar gave me very very precise cards. I'm impressed by this deck. There is the warmth of belief behind it - I have always felt interest in the spiritual world of the Orthodox Church, and I feel it here. (I have a soft spot especially for the Greek Orthodox tradition). The glowing colours, the red and gold, the miniatures and the whole atmosphere of the deck make me feel it's under-appreciated. I never hear people rave about it, it's hardly present. Like a pious elderly aunt, compared to the stylish young girls like the Starchild and other hyped decks, if I allow myself to think in cliches for a moment ;-)

I'm happy I used it but I'm also a bit angry at myself that I didn't find the time to work with it more. It was a crazy week, let's see what its long time results will be.

I had so little time for tarot in April and May, I feel it's really missing from my life!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links