Deck of the Week # 22: May 28 - June 3rd

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week # 22: May 28 - June 3rd

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia: Aquarian Tarot in a tin

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week # 22: May 28 - June 3rd

Post by Nemia »

I didn't use my Aquarian Tarot enough - didn't even check whether I used it already as deck of the week but I feel the need to get to know it better. And it's easy to read.

Eight of Rods for tomorrow. Wonderful card, just what I need. I have to speed up things and make some contacts. Wow, I hope the energy of this card will be strong and happy tomorrow! Great start with the Aquarian :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The energy materialized, but differently from what I had actually planned. I focused on cleaning the house; after weeks of house guests, it was wonderful to have the house for myself and clean and organize everything. I neglected other things but I'll do them now. I had an active day full of energy, and that was good.

Tomorrow: the Page of Cups. I usually read the Pages as my daughters, and I know which one is the Cups girl - let's see how she figures in the pattern of my life tomorrow. She's not at home, she's left home already, and she's pretty much the textbook Page of Cups. Young, beautiful, intuitive, with great people skills and a sense of fun - but she also has a very sharp intelligence and verbal skills.

I don't believe that the Page relates to my own character, I'm too old for the Page stage and discover it only in Inner Child work, and it also can't relate to my situation - no fresh love, thank the stars! Always the same old loyal true love in my life ;-)

I'm curious how it will play out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yes, it played out, my Page of Cups indeed contacted me and that's unusual as she's so busy on Tuesdays.

Ace of Pentacles for tomorrow - that's great. I had the same ace some days ago with the Dreaming Way Tarot. All Aces are good news, and a pragmatic, common-sense Ace like this one is just what I need. Some anchor in the real world, the seeds of a positive development in the material-physical-financial sector of my life, and there's also a welcome health aspect to this card. A gift, a potential. What I do with it, will appear tomorrow. I hope so at least :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I didn't have much time, but here are the cards for yesterday and today.

Yesterday was an Empress day - yes, it was (most of my days are Empress days... :-) ) It was a teaching day, and I also took care of my family. I see these roles as empowering. By empowering others, I feel my own power. It's one of the majors I identify with (I also love Temperance and Strength, who doesn't?, and Hierophant and Death and...)

Another Pentacles card for today, a very pragmatic deck. I'm taking care of my taxes stuff right now and had some very grounded discussions over the last days - I feel absolutely out of my depth on these matters but the 10 of Pentacles definitely tells me to take it seriously and believe in my ability to manage it all.

I can't believe this week is nearly over again! :icon_e_surprised:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

For today, the day behind me, I have Justice - the virtues are always good, and oh... oh, I really did help someone to find justice today, in a very concrete way! How nice is that!

For tomorrow, the King of Cups. Another card that is always good news in my life. I can't really find any kingly aspects in my own character although I know we all carry all 16 court card characteristics in ourselves, but somehow, I can find only the queens... and the Thoth princesses as memories of how I once was... but kings and knights are always other people ;-)

Well, it also depends on the deck. There are decks like the World Spirit or Star Tarot where the gender doesn't play a role at all, but in this RWSish Aquarian deck the king feels like a man :-0

Let's see how it all comes out.

The deck is very beautiful and cool-serene-sophisticated.... but it leaves me a bit cold and underwhelmed. It says general stuff which is true, it's always true... and nothing more. But the week is not over yet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

No, nothing unusual, my King of Cups is always my wonderful husband, and somehow, I didn't really connect with this deck. May I think that it's a bit bland...? Next week I'll get the antidote :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links