Deck of the Week #24: June 11 - June 17

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #24: June 11 - June 17

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:

Nemia: Quantum Tarot
DDwarks: Thoth Tarot and Dog Wisdom cards

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #23: June 3rd - June 10

Post by DDwarks »

I'm in. I'm going to pair my Thoth with my dog wisdom cards. I'll loosely base the technique from Barley's.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

DDwarks! Is that you???? :clap: :thumbup: :icon_e_biggrin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

Yes it is :wave:
Feels good to be back too :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #23: June 4 - June 10

Post by Nemia »

I'm sorry, I got the dates all mixed up - KNEW I shouldn't open new threads while falling asleep! I'll change the title, okay?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #24: June 11 - June 17

Post by Nemia »

I hope I fixed it all and didn't make it worse.

Here is my card for today:

Oh dear, it's the Tower. I hope it won't be too bad :icon_eek:

But how beautiful is this deck!

ETA: This whole week's reading is useless without the book. So here it is, and I'm going to add insights from the book to each card!

Okay, the Tower is quantum foam, whatever that may mean (obviously, a short paragraph in a tarot book doesn't really make me understand that concept!). But the meaning of the Tower card is the same: being thrown out of your comfort zone, the breaking-down of limiting but comfortable restrictions.

I didn't have any such event on the 11th but I do have smaller earthquakes from time to time. Unpleasant enough and not liberating in any way. Or is it true even for such small scale events that you can recognize their freeing potential only in retrospect?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

The Hermit is my card of the day and the Doggy one answered "what do you want me to know about today?"

Hermit:
Today, I took the dog for his walk in the morning, was driven to the council house to sort out some paperwork and then came home.
The rest of the time, I slept!
I have been wondering about work and resigning but I still can't make the decision.
Also, and perhaps more fitting I've been avoiding calls from my line manager! I know they want me to meet with some work doctor of some sort.
So today, Hermit = lonely thinking avoider.

My doggy card: A Labrador (my favourites) talking about enthusiasm.
The book says " Be excited about life and the opportunities that lies ahead. This is a time of change and progress - embrace it".
I haven't been very excited about life today. The opportunities lying ahead can't possibly be with my old job either.
Could this be telling me to stop thinking and hiding away? To just resign? Move on and forward?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

Another Trump card!
TLC and rest again today. I look forward to not being so tired all the time :(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

I've actually pulled the exact same cards today! EMPRESS and RELAX
So I had a footspa :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

That sounds great :-)

I didn't have time for my daily cards, had some pretty crazy days (they're not over yet), but I'll try to catch up. I'm so used to these seven cards, I need them to feel at home in my week.

Tuesday, my busiest day of the week. I gave a lecture about four great artists, I loved it, and altogether, my day had four stations (I work as a freelancer and move from institution to institution or private clients). I totally appreciate the stability and the character of the nr. 4, so I find this diamond shaped composition confusing - standing on its tip. Somehow instable - but interesting, too.

ETA:
The book refers to this card as Elliptical Galaxy - which sounds wonderful but it means it's a galaxy filled up with dead and dying stars, holding on to the status quo. So this is the difficult side of this card - the inability to bring in something fresh and new, the inability to THINK something new. I have been feeling this "life in a box" restriction for too long in relation with my work. Instead of spreading out my wings and going up, I've been folding them and have been going down for a number of years now.

And in spite of all that, I like the Four Pentacles and I also like the comfortable feeling my job gives me. So I won't fulfill all my potential. So what?

Wednesday, yesterday. It was not really a day of calm. I had too much to do, couldn't all squeeze it into my day and I still have to deal with the spills and leftovers....

ETA: Neutrinos, another stable, peaceful Four, this time not a stubborn clinging to old stuff like the Four Pentacles but just letting things pass you by for a while... and while I couldn't do that on Wednesday, I really WANTED it. I need some Neutrino time, not getting pulled into conflicts.

Thursday, the day that's about to leave. Something weird about the Five Wands. What kind of day was it? It was actually better than I feared.

Wow, I'm eating stones with this deck. It's gorgeous but it doesn't want to communicate with me, or am I just obtuse, too impatient, too tired, too filled up with worries and stress...? I don't know. I'll try tomorrow to connect better to this very clever and unusual deck.

ETA: Particle annihilation. Now in this card, there is conflict (particle collide and annihilate each other, something my Neutrino card tried to avoid as much as possible), but it doesn't have the catastrophic consequences of the Tower or the bad outcome of the Four Pentacles. There is, yes, something of a playful, low-energy aggression in this card, like a competition - but it can easily turn into the real thing (and that's what I say, not the book). Other decks also interpret this card in a more playful mood, Anna K. comes to mind. But I often read the Five of Wands as passive-aggressiveness. Let's not forget we're talking about Gvura here. There is some real anger here. Gvura, Saturn, Leo - it's repressed anger, and I'm always afraid of such anger.

So I get the image the Quantum Tarot wants to give me - just a playful exchange, a low key measuring of powers. But I also trust my feelings about this card - bad feelings under the surface that bubble up in low-key aggressions can easily flame up and explode. So what was the problem... oh yes, I remember. Indeed, the warning is given and received.

Did I think I was eating stones with this deck? No, not at all. I just needed to understand where the creators of the deck were coming from. I'm traumatized by school maths and physics, and I don't trust my intuition with this deck although I have been reading so many books about hobby astronomy and understood them... but I have to have the book next to me when working with this deck, like a beginner. And that's okay. It's maybe my best message from this week. Intuition is fine, but deck artists have their own ideas and I should honour that, in my own interest.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links