Deck of the Week #23: June 4 - 10

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #23: June 4 - 10

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Silhouettes Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #24: June 4 - 10

Post by Nemia »

Oh my dear and much beloved Silhouettes Tarot. After the underwhelming week I had with the perfectly nice, beautiful but very cautious Aquarian Tarot, I'm ready for some colour and movement.

So how is tomorrow going?

Two of Swords. There's a decision to make. Yes, it has been there for some time, and I still didn't really decide, and while I'm still dithering, new sub-dilemma attach themselves to the main dilemma, like little barnacles ;-)

And I must say I LOVE the iconography. I'm a fiber artist and have always always always at least three different projects in work. I love every craft metaphor in the book, and I only wish that all my challenges in life were as easy to solve as a complex, long-drawn-out craft project. All it takes is some perseverance and patience and some quiet hours, and it's done.

Lovely scissors and balls of yarn with all their possibilities - but then there's the huge knot that grows and grows if you continue to work without solving it - and if you pull from the wrong end, it will be horrider and horrider ;-) That's a warning we're seeing here!

Yes, this is a wonderful deck and close enough to RWS card meanings to make it easy to read with - but free and creative with the motifs and images.

This deck didn't make any huge waves and there was never a hype about it or I missed it. But I'm oh so glad I bought it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Oh my dear sweet Silhouettes deck, i have some catching up to do!

For the day behind me, Tuesday, I have the Ten of Swords. I'm glad I didn't feel anything that dramatic. It's a worst case scenario that thank God didn't happen. I did have some bitter moments three days ago - being reminded of a complete professional failure some years ago. Actually, the feeling has left me already.

My dear Six of Pentacles for tomorrow - when I'm planning to share something with a dear person. I intend to be kind and generous :-) and this card appeared, if I'm not totally wrong, in my inner child reading. It has very positive connotations for me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The day that is nearly over, Thursday - with the Emperor. Oh my days are boring! I taught today, and that probably brought out my own inner emperor ;-) Usually, I teach adults, but today, I took over children and it was no fun and great fun. But I really needed every shred of authority I have.

And the Seven Cups for the day before me - isn't that a cute image? So many hats, but only one head... and it's the dilemma of my life :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Tomorrow - the Knight of Wands! Another injection of energy I hope :-)

Sometimes, this card appears as persons in my life.

Isn't it a beautiful card? I love this deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I had the Knight of Wands, now the Two of Wands for today... where do I have to be more assertive? I did some of the things I procrastinated over, not all of them, the Knight did bring me some new energy... but there are still some things I have to do. Oh, poor Wands, they always seem to be admonishing me somehow! Not good! I have to look at the card itself.

And I see a cute little animal totally at home. Is it a little fox? It's happy where it is, and it rules its world. I don't see here the Thoth will to dominate or the RWS view over wide horizons. Double Mars here is quite gentle, and it's me: in my house, happy with my surroundings, happy with what I do.

So how was my week with the Silhouettes? I had a quiet uneventful week, and the deck accompanied me like a beloved quiet supporter.

I feel bad about doing this thread alone now - but I didn't because I had this lovely deck with me. For next week, I've chosen the Quantum, an unknown quantity ;-) and I hope it will good as well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links