Deck of the Week # 28: July 9 - July 15

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week # 28: July 9 - July 15

Post by DDwarks »

Thank you Ladies for keeping this thread going while I was getting my life in order!
Today my card is the Ace of Wands

The book gives a biography and at the end, how her life experiences apply to the card.
"Maria Tallchief as the Ace of Wands carries with her the dazzling, burning hot flames of inspiration. Imagine the first moment she stepped onto the stage, just a millisecond before taking the audience's breath away with a single movement. The energy of that movement is what invites the spark of creativity. Maria channelled her passion for ballet into action by helping to create a unique American style of ballet. She was unafraid to differentiate herself from the popular European dancers of the day. Maria as the Ace of Wands tells you that there is a fire being lit underneath you. How will you respond? What is your first step?"

I tend to be wary of fire energy. Right now I'm thinking that I need to throw Water on it followed by a few buckets full of Earth!
That's how I want to respond!
I don't like being tested anymore. I'm too old and knackered for this *sigh*.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

I drew this for Friday a going back to work day Knave of Wands:

Well the Knave of Wands has to do with the drive to press on ward ( as the fire is at your heels). For me it is the fear of the unknown. But as far has work go, it does not relate, not that much into risk taking.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

This is the first week of my library's summer programming, so it's been busy! However, I have been continuing with my daily draws. Below are yesterday's card: the Mangroves, and Wednesday's card: Pelican.

Mangroves represent innovation, the advantage of trying something new. That was certainly yesterday -- not only did we have to figure out how to get 85 people through a planetarium show (the space only allowed about 24 people to watch at a time), but my director decided he wants to do an "end of summer" carnival this year, and that gives us a pretty limited time to plan and arrange it. I spent time working as a journalist, so I know a little about meeting tight deadlines, but I prefer not to plan programs this way. Oh, well.....

Wednesday's card, the Pelican, represents self-sacrifice, which can either mean giving up something for another's benefit, or a warning not to constantly defer to everyone else's needs at the expense of your own. I have yet to determine which meaning is correct in this case.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

This is for Saturday this is the last day of the garage sell they have not done that well so I am pulling some of my items out there( I had at one point pull all my designer bedding and sheets out there but I later thought that I didn't want them out though, so I have them give it back, you know it's hard but you don't know where you will live, and the money will help mom). I might give more in the AM. So I got nine of swords
From the book : The logic of nightmares your heart pounds as you run from your the pursuer at your heels, and shaky ground your than you remember you can fly ! Unfound fears I have been
I will try not to get all worked up.
I took my time and put out some more of my bedding and pillows, I took my time so I would have no regrets.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

On to Friday and Saturday: Shark (action) and Rough Seas (the unexpected).

Friday saw action on several fronts -- our end-of-summer carnival is moving ahead, this month's book order is done, I'm expanded the list of books we receive automatically, and I purchased a set of outdoor lights my mother has been wanting. So full steam ahead!

Today did have some unexpected events, most notably the fact that our outdoor service got rained on, right in the middle of things. We ended up doing an abbreviated version of communion and final prayer. But it's all good, because we need the rain -- we're also doing a community garden that will be distributed through our food pantry, and the plants were probably happy for the extra water.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For Sunday King of swords

Looks like something that I need to be truthful and just. Unsure how this card will play out.
I just found that I might have been out of a day of brevemeant pay I talk to An old Employee who left and was told that of it is a person close to you get three days and not 2, I found in my employee handbook nothing. I know here in California there's no law in a place about it all so I'm probably just out of luck. Maybe this card has to do with others being Truthful to me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links