What happened to Chat?

Tips to help you find your way quickly around the forum.

Moderator: Moonlight

DownUnderNZer

What happened to Chat?

Post by DownUnderNZer »

There was this CHAT thing we could write in before - is that gone or just hidden somewhere I can't find it?
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: What happened to Chat?

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Hi DND

Seems like the chat fell by the wayside in the course of this forum's vivid past. Personally, I would like to see it back too.

I will check with the forum owner if this is feasible. But hey... Better don't hold your breath. :Laugh:

Michael

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Got it - thanks!

DND 🌞
Michael Sternbach wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 00:11 Hi DND

Seems like the chat fell by the wayside in the course of this forum's vivid past. Personally, I would like to see it back too.

I will check with the forum owner if this is feasible. But hey... Better don't hold your breath. :Laugh:

Michael
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

The trouble with chat on quiet forums is there’s only ever one person on it. :icon_e_sad:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

I tried to bring the chat back on and quickly got a "fatal error" notification.

For a few tense minutes, it seemed like my action had brought the whole forum down.

I managed to bring the board back on, but one of those time-honoured IT wisdoms came to mind: "Never touch a running system!"

@onion37@

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 15:47 I tried to bring the chat back on and quickly got a "fatal error" notification.

For a few tense minutes, it seemed like my action had brought the whole forum down.

I managed to bring the board back on, but one of those time-honoured IT wisdoms came to mind: "Never touch a running system!"

@onion37@

At least you tried - obviously not meant to be.

PS Surely I wasn't the only one on it Serpentwind. 🙃

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 15:47 I tried to bring the chat back on and quickly got a "fatal error" notification.

@onion37@

At least you tried - obviously not meant to be.

PS Surely I wasn't the only one on it Serpentwind. 🙃

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I am sorry, I couldn't find a compatable chat. I had offered a pvt one off line a while back and not took advantage of that so i took it down. I thought i had posted i couldn't find a compatable chat. I will look again, but i don't think i will be able to .

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Michael
Sorry. don't remember any emails or pms about chat.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Jo Ann wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 12:44

Michael
Sorry. don't remember any emails or pms about chat.
I don't remember sending you any specifically about this. As I was waiting for you to generally become available again.

If there's still an overwhelming interest in chat being revived, perhaps we could discuss the possibility now, though?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links