For you Thothies out there...

Monthly reading circle for Thoth veterans as well as for newbies

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Forum rules
The Thoth Reading Club will be held monthly. Both newbies as well as experienced Thothies are welcome to join. Sign up is on during the first week of every month. Readings should be posted during the following week. Full feedback is expected by the end of the month. Menbers are encouraged to remind one another by PM if a reading or feedback is overdue; should help be needed, please contact a Mod or Admin. The club guide may specify a specific spread or topic at the beginning of a Reading Circle. Use the Thoth or one of its clones. This is a learning forum, so participants are encouraged to comment on and ask questions in regards to active threads, including those they are not participating in. Club guide may chime in with occasional commentsand suggestions. And here is the most important rule of all: Have fun! :)
CharlotteK

Re: 2dogs reading for CharlotteKAT

Post by CharlotteK »

2dogs wrote:
CharlotteKAT wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 08:38 How can I best protect myself from and deal with stress?
It's a simple question so a one card answer should be sufficient -

2 of Wands (Dominion)
A very fiery looking card with the two crossed Tibetan dorje thunderbolts, angry looking heads and big flames, Mars in Aries. My immediate impression is you need to dominate and stamp down on the things that cause you stress - don't get mad, get even madder :evil: .

Looking at the book I have (Fiebig & Burger) suggests working out what you have the power to control and what you do not, putting the hopeless situations out of your mind and applying your full energy to those where you can make a difference. For example your vote in the Brexit referendum did count, but unless you live in a marginal constituency your vote in a UK General Election does not so there's little point in agonising about it. Divide and conquer by breaking your challenges down into smaller parts, attacking and defeating them one at a time when you have gathered the necessary strength and determination. Also watch out for where you are divided yourself, such as with the conflicting demands from your job and your family - don't concentrate exclusively on one of them and forget about the other. Maybe some thought about setting firm boundaries is needed here.

The Thoth card has got to be the main one here, but just to add a couple of additional points of view I drew a card from the Solar System and Elements decks too:

Saturn: The unique feature of the rings and being the outermost planet known to the ancients both reinforce that point on setting firm boundaries.

Holmium: Used in MRI scanners due to its ability to concentrate magnetic force supports the idea of focussing your full power on a small part of a problem at a time.
Oh and I didn't do feedback yet!! Sorry 2dogs. I lost track of the thread a bit.

Thank you very much for the reading, the advice is extremely relevant and helpful. There are so many things competing for my time and attention at the moment. And so many things ar work that I need to fix, it can get overwhelming. I had a bit of a meltdown at the weekend when my husband snapped at me (he did apologise) and had a good cry - I was feeling like I was failing at everything because with too much to do and racing around trying to do it all, I was exhausted and.not really getting anywhere. So yes, I do need to concentrate on the most important things first and leave other things that can either wait, or are not worth worrying about.

Thanks again and sorry for replying late!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: 2dogs reading for CharlotteKAT

Post by Serpentwand »

Thanks for the feedback, I thought there was something still to be finished somewhere. I'm relieved to hear it was of some use :thumbsup: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links