I'm New Here

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
gyow

I'm New Here

Post by gyow »

Hi Everyone--

I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this forum. I found it by looking for information on the Pole Ka tarot. I became enthralled with tarot about 8 months ago and I love to do readings for friends and I'm hoping to do them professionally as well, soon. I live in Western PA, have a dog and three cats, am a huge Anglophile, and love collecting decks to use and just for their beauty. I'd be happy to trade readings; I'm also interested in learning much more about the TdM method/cards. :icon_e_smile:
Paula

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: I'm New Here

Post by Serpentwand »

Welcome to the forum gyow; glad you found us. wave: I’m in England with my wife and three dogs, do a bit of Tarot and also non-Tarot cards. I don’t know anything about TdM but would be happy to do a reading exchange. My Quantum Tarot 2.0 gives Temperance for this - “the idea of blending different, often contradictory, elements” so it could be fun.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
gyow

Post by gyow »

Hi Serpentwand--Lucky you! Where do you live? I'm just beginning Vincent Pitisci's book: Genius of the Tarot, but I think I might want to start the TdM book first. I have 2 picked out on Amazon. Maybe when we both have the same books we can compare notes and cards. I just got my first TdM deck, Pole Ka.
Well, it's early where you are and very late here...I hope we can organize something between us!
Paula

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I’m just south of Manchester. Haven’t been there all year, we do all our walks in the Cheshire countryside now. If you’d like to do a reading exchange we could just use our own deck or decks to do the reading for the other, no need to use the same one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
HeKatesXing

Post by HeKatesXing »

Hi Welcome ..
there is so much info being shared here.
I love working with tarot de Marseille.. I have added the Spanish tarot and the Ancient Italian Tarot, I do love historic reproduced Tarot decks even though I have not yet added many to my collection.. The only one I love to work with at the moment is Visconti- Sforza
(handpainted on commission for a Wealthy family ) ..

There are so many incredible decks available and so many different ways to read TdM cards, depending on the school of thought (the book you decide to study) There is no better way than another , it truly is about what works for you personally.
Whether you learn set meanings for each card or use the suit and Numerological aspects to form messages, trusting in your own intuition to find what gives the messages clearly in that moment... Hope you enjoy the journey ..
Take care ...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
gyow

Post by gyow »

Thanks for your welcome and comments! :wave:
Paula

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Hello Gyow

Welcome to ET!

While we do not have so many active posters right now, every voice is heard and we will do our best to answer any questions you may have.

Hope you will enjoy your time here with us!

Cheers
Michael

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links