Lucky Stone Pendant

Moderator: theFeeLion

Forum rules
In this section you can add any discussions or questions about crystals or herbs, or show off your crystal or herb collections.
kyan

Lucky Stone Pendant

Post by kyan » 18 Feb 2018, 17:19

yuzuru hanyu’s lucky pendant features “KIJH” (kindness, infinity, joy, harvest) power, sacred geometry, and the tree of life on a specially selected semiprecious stone with attributes for luck and success.

the 23 year old japanese two time olympic gold medalist has been breaking records and winning prizes for most of his skating career and is considered to be the greatest figure skater in the world. in addition to his fluid transitions, powerful jumping abilities and unparalleled grace on the ice, there is another constant that defines him: the mysterious pendant worn around his neck at all times. now, thanks to m-tabuchi co. ltd., you can wear one too! :icon_razz:

pendant details (click to enlarge):

materials and meanings:

pendant front:

pendant back:

please can i has the the onyx one? :bad1:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Lucky Stone Pendant

Post by Nemia » 18 Feb 2018, 17:28

I watched and loved his routine, and I'm glad to know more about him! The amulet is out of my league financially :icon_lol: but the flower and tree of life are especially beautiful. Hanyu's looks a bit more irregular than the ones in the picture btw.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 18 Feb 2018, 18:04

yes, it does look irregular. it looks chipped at the edges, almost like an arrowhead or obsidian tool. he’s worn it for years, and has fallen time and time again on the ice, so it could be wear and tear.

his routines were truly amazing. the short program left me in tears! the chopin ballade was lovely and so were his flawless moves.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 18 Feb 2018, 18:17

oh yes, i see the price IS rather pricey! :icon_eek:

well, i’m sure they will sell tons, his fans are rabid! this sorta reminds me of the blue heart of the ocean necklace from the movie “titanic”... after the movie came out i remember teen girls in los angeles wearing the necklace... it was so funny to see the young dicaprio fans in jeans and tennis shoes wearing knockoffs of that huge diamond and sapphire necklace. :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 18 Feb 2018, 18:39

here’s a post with a brief interview and more info on the necklace and the others that he wears in the description:

yuzuru on necklace

“it’s like skin for me :::laughs:::” lol. he’s so cute.

many japanese are very superstitious. when i was there all the little schoolboys we encountered in walks around villages wanted to touch my hair and head because i was so tall. my mom said they thought it would give them good luck to grow big and tall like me. :icon_e_biggrin:

we also went to temples and there were different ways to create fortunes for good luck. all over we saw lucky figurines for different applications, like the waving cat and other animals outside businesses, so i’m not surprised there’s an interest in crystals and other stones in japan today.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 19 Feb 2018, 00:50

One person's belief is another's superstition... :icon_e_biggrin: I've never been to Japan and don't know the culture well but it's fascinating. And Hanyu was wonderful. It's such a difficult sport, they have to make it look easy ... and the Japanese skaters have a special artistic quality. Anyone here remembers Fumie Suguri? I always felt she was under-marked, loved her style.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 19 Feb 2018, 02:12

yes, beliefs. i wasn’t sure about using the word “superstitious”...

even tho the media calls yuzuru the king, i like to refer to him as the magician. he manifests his dreams. he does certain rituals before each skate, like hand gestures and body movements addressed to himself, his coaches, even the ice. he firmly believes this gives him the power to succeed — he quietly carries out each rituals before every event, it seems.

(i wanna know what his skincare ritual is— his complexion is flawless, lol.)

to keep on topic: i’ve been wearing a tourmaline pendant for the last 29 years. my best friend had AIDS in 1989 and it was in his hand when he crossed over. it’s a raw crystal in a simple but strong wire wrap (made by the amazing steve on telegraph ave in berkeley) that gives me a sense of balance and peace. i’m not sure what the metaphysical properties of tourmaline are, but it’s always felt so comfortable. it’s my “like a skin for me” piece of jewelry.

uncanny too to learn just a few days ago on a random video that pink and green are the colors for the heart chakra. my tourmaline is watermelon, and it floats right over my heart chakra! it was super surprising to learn this after all these years, to say the least.

i wouldn’t mind getting the infinity amulet in onyx tho. it could share space with my tourmaline.

these beautiful little beliefs, i’ve come to see, are the keys to maintaining happiness. i’ve been teased by others throughout the years for my various “superstitions” but i’m not one to care what others think. :icon_cool:

now i wonder if anyone else has a favorite stone pendant or crystal or amulet that they wear for good luck. surely i’m not the only case, lol.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 22 Feb 2018, 00:45

Nemia wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 00:50
... and the Japanese skaters have a special artistic quality. Anyone here remembers Fumie Suguri? I always felt she was under-marked, loved her style.
i don’t remember fumie suguri as we ditched TV after 9-11. so i missed out on a lot of figure skating! i did catch some of her skating on youtube just now. she skated to the pink panther theme song, that was cute. she seems to have made a decent mark for herself in the skating world, and notice her name being referred to in FS articles.

is this her? if so, she’s a yuzuru fan too :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Crystals & Herbs”