Hospital Horror Show

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
Canid

Re: Hospital Horror Show

Post by Canid »

tarotbear wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 15:29 Today I went the Medical Records at the hospital and got a copy of my chart - amazing that the diagnosis on my chart is more detailed than what my release paperwork says.

My discharge diagnosis states: Streptococcus Group B sepsis; (AKI) Acute Kidney Injury; and Rt Leg cellulitis (which I had in my left leg, incidentally).
OMG!! None of that is to sneeze at! Cellulitis, well, let’s just say I know a bit about it...ugghh! Kidney disease, what kind, do they know? I have lupus nephritis (biopsies SUCK!)...are you any better? I’m waiting for my walker delivery right now. Too bad we couldn’t have been roomies, that would have been a blast!
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Canid wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 13:30
tarotbear wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 15:29 Today I went the Medical Records at the hospital and got a copy of my chart - amazing that the diagnosis on my chart is more detailed than what my release paperwork says.

My discharge diagnosis states: Streptococcus Group B sepsis; (AKI) Acute Kidney Injury; and Rt Leg cellulitis (which I had in my left leg, incidentally).
OMG!! None of that is to sneeze at! Cellulitis, well, let’s just say I know a bit about it...ugghh! Kidney disease, what kind, do they know? I have lupus nephritis (biopsies SUCK!)...are you any better? I’m waiting for my walker delivery right now. Too bad we couldn’t have been roomies, that would have been a blast!
I didn’t know you could get a copy of your chart!! I want! Wonder if you can send someone for it, cause I can’t go get it. I should have asked.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

At this particular hospital, they had a pdf form you could print off the hospital website, and fax , mail, or bring to the records office in person. The chart could also be faxed to a particular doctor or medical agency.

BTW - all your medical records belong to YOU, and not the hospital.
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

The surgeon has now postponed my hip surgery for two weeks - April 16th instead of April 2nd. :icon_e_sad:

Now I have to change all the things that had already been put into place! :icon_evil:
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

tarotbear wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 14:14 The surgeon has now postponed my hip surgery for two weeks - April 16th instead of April 2nd. :icon_e_sad:

Now I have to change all the things that had already been put into place! :icon_evil:
Oh joy, more anticipation time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links