Hospital Horror Show

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
tarotbear

Hospital Horror Show

Post by tarotbear »

Ended up in ER with extreme chills and 104.5 temp! Was discharged after 6 hours, and 8 hours later asked to return and be admitted for a strep infection! Roomie was disoriented, calling for help, called 911 twice and told police he was kidnapped and being held against his will! This lasted all night. I declared that if I was not transferred that I would discharge myself from the hospital. Am so tired I am falling asleep typing this. I have been transferred to a different unit.
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Re: Hospital Horror Show

Post by kyan »

oh, what a night... i hope you’re feeling much better very soon.

how bizarre they put you in there with that guy... they should transfer him. it sounds like you should be quarantined anyway!

eat lots of raw garlic. it will help your infection, :icon_lol: plus keep the delusional roomie away!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Tarotbear! Long time no see...I’m so sorry you’re ill. Are you recovering yet?
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

I am still here :icon_e_sad: ...maybe Friday.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

I can sympathize, I had a similar experience a few years ago. I had abdominal surgery and was recovering in a room with another old guy who refused to get up to use the bathroom, so he crapped in a bedpan a couple of times a day. He was also hard-of-hearing and kept calling up people and bellowing into the phone. I eventually yelled at him so he quieted down, but he still stank up the room on a regular basis.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

Altho my final diagnosis seems to keep fluctuating, my diagnosis is bacteremia positive for strep B, strep throat, and acute kidney insufficiency. Somewhere cellulitis worked its way into that altho does not appear in my discharge paperwork.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm sorry to hear all of that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

tarotbear wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 22:41 Altho my final diagnosis seems to keep fluctuating, my diagnosis is bacteremia positive for strep B, strep throat, and acute kidney insufficiency. Somewhere cellulitis worked its way into that altho does not appear in my discharge paperwork.
oh man, that’s quite a list. i hope you have a speedy recovery.

you may want to look into anthony william aka @medicalmedium for information on healing. i’ve seen people turn their lives around with his protocols.

also, check out fasting. my friend luis was diagnosed as diabetic and fasted immediately — within 3 weeks his glucose levels went from 325+ to under 120. he’s been fine for over a year now. he calls fasting “the divine cure.” he practices intermittent fasting but has long fasted for 21 days... which is amazing. i can only do 3 or 4.

also, a vegan diet helps the kidneys and can save your life. i learned that from dr. juliet tien nearly 20 years ago. she’s a chinese doctor that recommends not eating rice, so you know she’s the real deal! :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Dear Tarotbear, best wishes to you! Take good care of your kidneys!

I can vouch for what Kyan said (no doctor and only anecdotal evidence which is no evidence at all!) - I've been a vegetarian since 1977 but my health problems improved dramatically when I switched to vegan (better: plant-based) nutrition. Just something to think about ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

Today I went the Medical Records at the hospital and got a copy of my chart - amazing that the diagnosis on my chart is more detailed than what my release paperwork says.

My discharge diagnosis states: Streptococcus Group B sepsis; (AKI) Acute Kidney Injury; and Rt Leg cellulitis (which I had in my left leg, incidentally).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links