Another hospital horror show.

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
Canid

Another hospital horror show.

Post by Canid »

After nearly a week, I was released today from Summa Akron. I HATE hospitals so I usually wait till the last moment...very suddenly I had severe vertigo, the world wouldn’t stop spinning & it felt like I was walking on a waterbed. Or trying to. So of course I fell, landed against Paul’s garage & thank God he was in it & heard the thud. I was floundering like a landed fish in the snow & my arms or legs weren’t responding to get back up so he carried me to the house. Next morning again, I fell down the 3 cement front porch stairs & landed in a rose bush like a weeble & severly damaged my knee. Then later that day it was the bathtub, then a wall. I’m pretty banged up. So, I went to the hospital. Kaka. brain MRA/MRA, CT scan, x-rays, blood tests, pt therapy nothing helped till Meclizine & Xanax. Blood thinners in the belly, etc. so, I was released today, still without a dx & I’m terrified but after several days of those meds at least I can now walk. Slowly. I couldn’t even stand, let alone walk. I have a walker on order but I wanted a blue one. So that’s why I haven’t been around cause I didn’t have my iPad, only Kindle. Sorry so long. I tried to FB pm you, Griz, but it wouldn’t let me.
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: Another hospital horror show.

Post by Charlie Brown »

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you recover quickly.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

Sheeesh! I truely hope you are showing some improvement! :wave:
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

omg...what an ordeal.... stop walking!

vertigo is the worst. well, it's pretty bad. i hit my head getting out of a car on a padded rail and didn't think anything of it and bam! a few hours later i was in your situation.

you gotta CRAWL, don't even try walking. crawling is your friend. also, look into canalith reposition therapy.

basically it's hanging your head off the edge of a bed while you're on your back, then doing a series of repetitive motions over and over again to reset the tiny little crystals in your ear. left right up down left right down up etc... a pattern. you're shaking them up and hoping they align themselves back in order... it's the only thing that worked for me.

after a week or so i was pretty much back to normal. but since that episode i've been wary of heights. i used to scramble up scaffolding for work like a monkey, but i can't do that anymore. walking across a log bridge is an ordeal! one thing about vertigo is you lose weight... i wasn't able to eat a thing for a week. blerrghh....

good luck to you and i hope you're feeling better soon!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

kyan wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 22:57 omg...what an ordeal.... stop walking!

vertigo is the worst. well, it's pretty bad. i hit my head getting out of a car on a padded rail and didn't think anything of it and bam! a few hours later i was in your situation.

you gotta CRAWL, don't even try walking. crawling is your friend. also, look into canalith reposition therapy.

basically it's hanging your head off the edge of a bed while you're on your back, then doing a series of repetitive motions over and over again to reset the tiny little crystals in your ear. left right up down left right down up etc... a pattern. you're shaking them up and hoping they align themselves back in order... it's the only thing that worked for me.

after a week or so i was pretty much back to normal. but since that episode i've been wary of heights. i used to scramble up scaffolding for work like a monkey, but i can't do that anymore. walking across a log bridge is an ordeal! one thing about vertigo is you lose weight... i wasn't able to eat a thing for a week. blerrghh....

good luck to you and i hope you're feeling better soon!
I had it also it was a form of inner ear infection. Took seasickness medicine and it took a while but I am improved .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Belinda2 wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 02:12 I had it also it was a form of inner ear infection. Took seasickness medicine and it took a while but I am improved .
oh, i can totally imagine an ear infection causing vertigo... isn’t it disorienting? ughhh. i always thought vertigo was that queasy feeling you get when looking over the edge of a roof, but now i know!

when i had it, whenever opening my eyes it felt like they were on the end of the string spinning around super fast in a circle. all i could see were horizontal stripes. keeping my eyes shut at all times helped immensely.

apparently an increasing number of people in the US (35% of adults over 40) are suffering from vertigo and other vestibular disorders that cause dizziness. hearing this makes me think a virus or infection is affecting the majority of sufferers. i can’t imagine more people are suddenly getting head injuries.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Thanks everyone. Yeah, PT tested me with a similar maneuver, but to rule out a carotid blockage, one that won’t show on an MRI/MRA or CT scan, which I had. All clear. They thought I had a stroke, EXTREME tremors. And my appetite isn’t effected *sob*. I’m looking for a stylish walker, for stores, AFTER we get a railing on the cement porch. I swear, I still think my left knee is broken, but Mr Xray says no. At least I haven’t fallen at home yet. Oh, the worst is I took my Viceversa in my purse & something dripped in it & some of the cards stuck together & a couple of them peeled very small parts of the images. It’s still very useable & I have a spare but still...a few nurses wanted readings. Ever heard of Salon Stroke? The position your neck is in during a shampoo can unblock any small blockage in your carotid & they’re not all that uncommon, says my PT guy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

hope it’s not a big deal... are you over the vertigo already?

i haven’t heard of salon stroke... but can imagine — those shampoo bowls are the worst for comfort.

so sorry to hear about your cards. :( your nurses sound cool tho!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Nope, still dizzy. It’s not an ear infection, no fever either. An ENT visited, a neurologist, a whole team. No one could figure it out. It IS better tho. My walker will be delivered tomorrow. Ima bling it up, looking at different pics for ideas. I can’t even walk to my chicken coop, hubby’s been caring for them. Hey, I wonder if they make tarot tape!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

yep, it tales time. it took a week before i started to feel better, a month before i was feeling great, and a half a year before i forgot about worrying about it happening again. vertigo is debilitating to say the least!

you may want to consider asking if it could be a microvirus causing the vertigo. many doctors do not even care to know about them. remember when epstein barr was considered a “fake” illness? adrenal fatigue can also cause symptoms of dizziness. keep searching. my friend was diagnosed with parkinson’s for almost a year— it turned out he had lyme disease.

yay, walker bling! (that sounds like a stage name)

“The Mystery of the Tarot Tapes” — starring Walker Bling and Bella Caine.

:icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links