Earthbound Oracle

Moderator: Nemia

Falkor

Earthbound Oracle

Post by Falkor » 15 Jul 2017, 12:46

This is deck wasn't released by a big known company but by a single person, Andrew Liam Swartz ,who has collected enough backers to financially support the manifestation of his Kickstarter project. I am glad he made it into reality because this deck is really special.

Respect!

Let's continue to the deck itself. First of all it comes in an earthy wood-like colored box, nothing fancy. The deck's name is written on 5 sides(from 6) of the box and only on the bottom we can find creator's details(err, why?). The quality of the cards is excellent. They are thick and sitting nice in my hands. The cards are rather small but it does not takes from the fine details and richness of the images upon it. The colors are beautiful as well;strong or soft when needed.

The deck contains 48 cards and two additional cards: a card with a name of the oracle, which I kind of see as a waste, maybe I'll use it as a blank card AND a very sweet card that is a list of specially thanksgiving to people for the support of the project. I find the second card really endearing.

The images and the symbols on the cards are very clear, almost universal and some are very cleverly combined. There are only titles and images, no explaining little white book as we are used to. The creator urges us to use our intuition while working with the cards. And I find it clicking together easily in the end. The symbols are seemingly simple yet every card has free room for different interpretations. Each of them implies of unseen layers and meanings that could be understood in different ways.

I find it easy to work with the cards, it develops my "card" muscles, width of views and intuition. They seem to give straight answers and sometimes to make me or the querent to ponder deeper on the subject.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Earthbound Oracle

Post by Nemia » 17 Jul 2017, 11:02

Thank you! I'm not an oracle buyer but I liked the look of this oracle very much when you showed it to me :-) There is really something earty, wild and original, nearly primordial, about the feel of this deck.

Pictures and shop here https://www.skullgarden.net/art/the-earthbound-oracle/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Falkor

Post by Falkor » 18 Jul 2017, 10:23

Nemia wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 11:02
Thank you! I'm not an oracle buyer but I liked the look of this oracle very much when you showed it to me :-) There is really something earty, wild and original, nearly primordial, about the feel of this deck.

Pictures and shop here https://www.skullgarden.net/art/the-earthbound-oracle/
Yes! It's that pure, not cultivated or prettied. Maybe you should get it as well. =]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 18 Jul 2017, 15:30

I should get it, yet, and I should LOVE to get the spreadcloth they used to sell! If they bring back the spreadcloth... I'll be sorely tempted ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 28 Jul 2017, 17:24

It is a nice looking deck the tarot is done in the same manner.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

witchofglass

Post by witchofglass » 31 Jul 2017, 23:22

Again, a minor correction: It's 50 cards, plus the credits and title cards.

Anyway, I love the deck. The quality of the cardstock in particular is glorious. But I do find it sometimes difficult to read at times, and some of the choices in words are kind of... questionable. I'm still not sure why the deck needs both a "terra" and an "earth" card.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Oracle Deck Reviews”