Tarot Compendium -- Volume 3

Moderator: Nemia

Cocobird55

Tarot Compendium -- Volume 3

Post by Cocobird55 » 10 Dec 2017, 21:01

I ordered this September 19, 2016. It finally arrived today.

It's beautiful and covers a lot of new information. It will take me a while to go through it, but so far I am fascinated.

Has anyone else gotten theirs yet?
I am who I take the time to become.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ix Chel

Re: Tarot Compendium -- Volume 3

Post by Ix Chel » 11 Dec 2017, 03:25

I want to have this book. I thought that it came out in February 2018. I have part 1 and 2. Tell me more about the contence of it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9060I met Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ix Chel

Post by Ix Chel » 11 Dec 2017, 03:26

What kind of New information is given?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9060I met Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Cocobird55

Post by Cocobird55 » 11 Dec 2017, 10:12

There are large sections about Kabbalah and astrology. That's as far as I've gotten. The book is beautiful.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 11 Dec 2017, 10:24

Ooh is this the Lo Scarabeo one? I almost bought the other two a while back but saw mixed reviews. The esoteric information in this third edition greatly interests me. Amazon have it for pre-order though I have been let down too many times with pre-orders not materialising so I think I might look elswhere.

Did you back it on Kickstarter Cocobird55?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Cocobird55

Post by Cocobird55 » 11 Dec 2017, 20:57

This is the Lo Scarabeo one.

Yes, I backed the Kickstarter, Bought it on 9/19/16. They were good about sending updates but I was still surprised when it finally got here.

I have the first one -- it was okay, but nothing exciting. I skipped buying the second one. The third one sounded like it would have different stuff, and I'm glad I bought it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » 08 Jan 2018, 09:32

After the horny toads that were Volumes I and II, I finally have my handsome Prince in Volume III! (Back in college, I had stationery that said, "You have to kiss a lot of horny toads before you find your handsome Prince!") From the beginning I figured I wouldn't get all that much from the first two volumes and would be most interested in the third volume.

I've thumbed through the whole book and here are my reactions:
  • The inside spine of my book is already broken between page 2 and 3 :icon_evil:
  • The index looks rather interesting
  • The useless stock photos seem to be at a minimum... (see further down)
  • There's foil stamping on many of the pages!
  • Invisible Kabbalah Paths? - Wha'chu talking 'bout, Willis?
  • Images from decks (for the most part) aren't identified! Missed sales opportunity for the THIRD time, LoS! There are a number of images where I wonder what deck that's from, but you don't tell me, so I move on.
  • I am SO SO SO GLAD that they included Andrea Serio images (Liber T) in this book!
  • LOVE the Tarot and Astrology Master Chart AND the Astrological Correspondences grid, which I've never seen presented that way
  • Stock images of flowers are placed in no particular order that I can see, and you have to look at the following pages to figure out which flower is associate with which sign.
  • The stock images seem to pick up from this point on, unfortunately
  • DEFINITELY going to have to pay some attention to the Tarot Constellations section, a term which means something completely different to me
  • Advanced Arcana seems interesting
  • Will have to more thoroughly read the Elemental Dignities section
  • How WEIRD that there's a section on the Estensi Tarot AND they include a pic of the 2 Wands (if memory serves), the single card that turns most people off the deck and then cover the offensive part with a text box titled "What We Have Learned".... WTF?
  • None of the Additional Content grabs my attention, ESPECIALLY since it it RIFE with stock images
So my Handsome Prince apparently WAS a horny toad at some point cause he has a lot of warts. All-in-all though, I'm much happier with this volume than I thought I would be considering the first two volumes.

Rodney
:D Smile. It makes people wonder what you're thinking.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Book Reviews”