Me and critiques - a must read

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
This forum is for members to leave feedback and comments about the forum.

Tell us what you like and what could be improved. Share your ideas, your support and your criticism. It's all welcome!
Jo Ann
Founder

Me and critiques - a must read

Post by Jo Ann »

I do not mind critiques at all, I just don't like the criticism because a lot of people do not know how to criticize in a manner that is helpful or that doesn't put people on the defensive. If you want to critique anyone, especially me, stop and really try to think it through before typing it up. That is all i ask. Criticism is not helpful if you present it as if the person is an idiot, stupid, and you need to type it all out for them.

And if you don't quite get the subject line, either just read it the post or ignore it. That is really being picky.

And I don't like gang up criticizing either, like that which happened with the subject line. I hope that no other member had to go thru that type of situation. Remember. reading is not the same as listening and/or watching a person's face.

and right now i am very sensitive, vulnerable, and on the defensive since the upheaval. i am trying to do my best and if you don't like it let me know in a kind manner.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links