Vudu Tarot and Espiristismo Tarot Updates?

Moderator: theFeeLion

Hawkeye

Vudu Tarot and Espiristismo Tarot Updates?

Post by Hawkeye » 13 Jan 2018, 16:50

Has anyone gotten any recent updates about this Kickstarter project that was funded 12/31/15 and was supposed to be delivered Mar 2016? I got the wallpapers, but no physical decks, digital guidebook or spreadcloth. I'm not on Facebook, so I don't know if any updates have been posted there.

Rodney
:D Smile. It makes people wonder what you're thinking.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Re: Vudu Tarot and Espiristismo Tarot Updates?

Post by CharlotteK » 13 Jan 2018, 17:21

Hawkeye wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 16:50
Has anyone gotten any recent updates about this Kickstarter project that was funded 12/31/15 and was supposed to be delivered Mar 2016? I got the wallpapers, but no physical decks, digital guidebook or spreadcloth. I'm not on Facebook, so I don't know if any updates have been posted there.

Rodney
There has been a fair bit of noise about this on some of the Facebook tarot groups with some people very disgruntled that no backers appear to have got physical decks. It's been said that the creator kept all the money - something he does not appear to dispute as he claims his costs escalated and he needed to cover them... he's selling decks through makeplayingcards.com -
http://www.makeplayingcards.com/sell/vudutarotproject - which has understandably enraged a bunch of folk.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » 13 Jan 2018, 17:34

:icon_eek: :icon_e_surprised: :icon_evil:

Really? Thanks for that update.

Rodney

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 13 Jan 2018, 17:47

Yup. People are accusing him of fraud and he's really hit out at them in a number of groups. It sounds like he had a torrid time of it, but at end of the day he didn't fulfil the rewards.

A couple of screenshots to give you a flavour of what he's said to unhappy backers:

I don't think anyone will be getting their decks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » 16 Jan 2018, 16:32

Thanks Charlotte. "Oh woe is me" is his reasoning, huh? Karma will bite him in the nether regions, hopefully at a most inopportune time. By taking money for a product he didn't deliver, he's committed fraud and Kickstarter facilitated the fraud despite their "Not us" disclaimer. I'll think multiple times in the future before backing an unknown artist's crowdfunding project. Sad, but true.

Rodney

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 19 Jan 2018, 00:34

I too ordered his deck. but looking at a video of him a couple of times, I think he is bipolar. unfortunately, that video came out after i funded a deck.

Besides I love my new Orleans voodoo deck. I suggested that a Hoodoo oracle be made in the new Orleans tradition, but didn't hear back.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Various Tarot Decks”