Was there ever an event in your life that defied explanation?

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: Was there ever an event in your life that defied explanation?

Post by Serpentwand »

Halloween reminded me of the year when I took the carved pumpkin away from the front door after the event and rather disrespectfully threw it over the back gate - despite it being a calm day, as it hit the ground there was an instantaneous massive bang as a super strength gust of wind suddenly appeared from nowhere and blasted the back door open :icon_e_surprised: . I went round and gathered the pumpkin up and put all the bits back together neatly in a corner of the garden where it was just left to rot down in peace :icon_redface: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The night my stepdad died, I was far away from home. I woke up and heard his last breaths. I knew that he was dead before the telephone rang. It was the exact time of his death (I woke up my husband so I know it's not a retro-memory).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Arcange

Post by Arcange »

2 Dogs,
That pumpkin story is freaky.

Paranormal is my normal.

The other day I put some lentils on the stove and forgot about them. I was painting when the kitchen timer rang. It’s a manual dail timer. I did not set the dail when I put the lentils on.

No explanation as to why the timer rang. But my lentils were cooked perfectly. LOL.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Nemia wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 11:17 The night my stepdad died, I was far away from home. I woke up and heard his last breaths. I knew that he was dead before the telephone rang. It was the exact time of his death (I woke up my husband so I know it's not a retro-memory).
That doesn't sound very pleasant but perhaps your stepdad was thinking of you at the end.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Arcange wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 15:30 The other day I put some lentils on the stove and forgot about them. I was painting when the kitchen timer rang. It’s a manual dail timer. I did not set the dail when I put the lentils on.

No explanation as to why the timer rang. But my lentils were cooked perfectly. LOL.
Now there's a thought - TV shows combining both cookery and the supernatural :icon_lol: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

2dogs wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 00:20
Nemia wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 11:17 The night my stepdad died, I was far away from home. I woke up and heard his last breaths. I knew that he was dead before the telephone rang. It was the exact time of his death (I woke up my husband so I know it's not a retro-memory).
That doesn't sound very pleasant but perhaps your stepdad was thinking of you at the end.
I was and am very grateful that at least in my heart, I could be there, although it was terrifying. I was the only one of the family who wasn't there and we had a very close relationship.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Eeek :icon_e_surprised: I just ran an online translation for a German song title I was wondering about - Sensemann by Franz K. It came up with Reaper, the Sense bit meaning Scythe. So I thought while I was at it I'd look up a French one Mrs 2dogs had asked about - La Faulx by Univers Zero. It was Scythes as well :icon_e_surprised: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Arcange

Post by Arcange »

2dogs wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 09:52 Eeek :icon_e_surprised: I just ran an online translation for a German song title I was wondering about - Sensemann by Franz K. It came up with Reaper, the Sense bit meaning Scythe. So I thought while I was at it I'd look up a French one Mrs 2dogs had asked about - La Faulx by Univers Zero. It was Scythes as well :icon_e_surprised: .
You’re on a roll😂. What about Sanskrit? LOL.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links