The Ideas for making our tarot deck

Jo Ann
Founder

Re: the whole Concept and stuff

Post by Jo Ann »

with air being blue, i see cups as rose wine color.

We need suggestions for the color of cups. or air and make the cups blue. :icon_rolleyes:

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Grizabella

Post by Grizabella »

Gold for Cups makes good sense for me. The gold reminds me of a golden goblet. Air for Swords is also sensible because after all, the sky is blue and there's air in between, you know?

Pentacles green, Wands red, and Majors purple maybe? Just some input from the peanut gallery here. :icon_e_smile:

Peanut galleries usually come up with the best ideas!

ETA: I didn't write that peanut galleries usually come up with the best ideas. How did this get here? :icon_lol: I know it must have been posted by accident in my post so I don't mind, but I know i didn't make that comment.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

oh, i like the sound of purple majors! the sun card will be poppin, like a lakers jersey! :icon_cool:

gold for cups good too, as you can always put red wine or blue water IN the cups.

greens and browns for earthy pentacles, sounds cool.

blue swords feels cool too.

wands red/orange smells peachy.

:icon_e_biggrin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

i think cups are peachy, but in my little dream painting if you saw it, I have only one cup. was gonna paint it real gold, but real gold paint doesn't hold up to my watercolor paper. will maybe try again. :icon_e_ugeek:

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I have invited members of cartomancy to join us. So if we get people from there to sign up, we can call the deck Eclectic Cartomancy Tarot.

So on Monday the 3rd, I will make a list and start drawing cards. After i post that list, yinz are free to start or swap cards, but just let me know if you did swap cards.

I am getting excited to do this. I feel so much better after my surgery yesterday, and mean down to the cellular level because I had the chronically diseased gall bladder for years.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 »

Jo Ann wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 12:18 So on Monday the 3rd, I will make a list and start drawing cards. After i post that list, yinz are free to start or swap cards, but just let me know if you did swap cards.
So, um... What would be the deadline for sending the cards?
I'm going abroad again and I need to know if I'll have to take my watercolors with me :icon_eek:
Jo Ann wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 12:18I am getting excited to do this. I feel so much better after my surgery yesterday, and mean down to the cellular level because I had the chronically diseased gall bladder for years.
Glad you are OK

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Glad the surgery went well Jo Ann and you are feeling better.

I didn't sign up yet. I wasn't sure I could commit. And I've not been in a good place lately.

But I could do 1 card for sure. Probably 2.

If it's not too late.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

no it's not too late, March 4 for sign up. extended it to allow user from Cartomancy to sign up. no pressure CK.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Seele not sure. how many cards did you sign up for, cuz i can pull for you know. but the sign up is extended to march 4. I haven't chosen a done date yet. will have to see what happens after the 4th.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 »

Jo Ann wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 17:17 Seele not sure. how many cards did you sign up for, cuz i can pull for you know. but the sign up is extended to march 4. I haven't chosen a done date yet. will have to see what happens after the 4th.
If I recall correctly, 3-4, but I think it's best to give out the cards until everyone has signed up, otherwise the changes of getting a specific card are diminished for everyone else... I'll pack my watercolors, don't worry :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links