Issues

For general questions and comments regarding the production and distribution of Indy decks.
Jo Ann
Founder

Issues

Post by Jo Ann »

To me its seems the biggest issues are clarity of print, colors, card stock, and box. Add a book and a whole other issue pops up.

How much input do you have. Who are trusted affordable printers for self printing.

I stopped at staples to see how much it would cost to increase the size of my hanson-robert. I ended the conversation because the person wasn't very unknowledgeable. I don't even think he knew what tarot meant.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Re: Issues

Post by Joan Marie »

Jo Ann wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 13:37 To me its seems the biggest issues are clarity of print, colors, card stock, and box. Add a book and a whole other issue pops up.

How much input do you have. Who are trusted affordable printers for self printing.
Before I had a full order of decks printed, I had one done to check the clarity and colors. It was a little pricey but worth it before having a large order printed. I made many adjustments based on that test printing and felt a lot better about placing the bigger order now that I knew how good they looked.

That was the other thing. I did all the work for so many months and then had no idea how it would look as an actual deck and I feared the worst. But I was so encouraged when I saw the first test deck, even though I had to make some changes, at least I knew they were gonna turn out well.

The printing company also set me samples of their available cardstock so I could choose. I requested that and they were cery responsive. That helped a lot. They had good descriptions on their web site but actually seeing and feeling it was vital to making the decision. I used a professional card printing company. I don't know about self-printing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Deciding whether to self print or use a big printing company is a toughy with cost. It would be a big decision to make. heck, i am having a hard time to get my one deck enlarged so that i can see it, but i want a job well done tho too. I can't imagine an whole deck.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Cenozoic

Post by Cenozoic »

If you want to enlarge your deck and want it to be double-sided, it might not be perfectly centered. I'll use my card (from Aeclectic's 5th annual deck creation) as an example. See the boarders in the card front?

ImageImage

I printed that deck. I worked at a staples and ran the printing center. I know that in the photo, the corners are rounded because I used my own to round them, but if you print your cards though, the corners will be pointy. Just letting you know.

But if you're printing a deck that you've created, I also suggest going to a playing card printing company, because they specialize in cards! Their cardstocks are much more durable, and they round the corners of each card, they would double-side it perfectly, and they might provide options to print card boxes or books. There are some playing card printing businesses online, but I can't recommend any as I have little experience with that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

how much would it cost to enlarge a deck at staples. do you have a general idea?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links