Hello from London!

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
practical dreamer

Hello from London!

Post by practical dreamer »

Hello Eclectic Tarot community! I'm from California, but have lived in London now for three years. It was here I first discovered Tarot. My first deck was The Light and Shadow Tarot by Michael Goepferd and Brian Williams, I have primarily learned from this deck in combination with traditional RWS interpretations online. The next deck I purchased was The Prisma Visions Tarot by James Eads.

I also have a traditional Marseille Tarot deck and have just recently partnered with my first Thoth Tarot Deck. It is in the green box, but is not actually the green deck.

As far as my experience goes, aside from doing readings for myself, I have done a limited amount for friends and have had my own cards read by an experienced reader. I therefore have been a long time student and big AT forum fan, and am hoping to finally come out of my shell a bit here with all of you :).

Looking forward to learning together, and having a community to share my love of Tarot with.

x practical dreamer

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: Hello from London!

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi PD!

Brian Williams was such an interesting creator. His PoMo tarot was one of my first decks. In August, I'll be running a Tarot de Marseille reading circle. If you're interested, then be on the lookup for the sign-up thread during the first week of August.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
practical dreamer

I have never heard of that deck, taking a look right now. Very cool.

As for the reading circle, great! I'll definitely keep an eye out and sign-up if I can attend. Thank's Charlie Brown :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Hi practical dreamer

Welcome to the forum!

I am a Swiss guy that has spent time both in London and California. I love both places, though for different reasons.

In my 30 years of Tarot study, I became familiar with a variety of decks, though my go-to deck is still the one I started with, namely the Thoth.

That said, I do occasionally venture out into other Tarot worlds, both Golden Dawn based ones and others (including TdM).

Please note that we have a monthly Thoth Reading Circle, with the next one starting soon in the beginning of August. You are very welcome to join.

May you enjoy this forum, both reading and contributing, as much as I do!

Michael

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
practical dreamer

Hi Michael, I love both as well but as you said - for very different reasons. My heart is very split between the two.

That's great, thank you for letting me know! I am away during some of the first week of August but if I can join either Charlie Browns TdM circle or your Thoth circle I would love to join. Having predominantly been studying RWS up until now, I'm fascinated by both.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
seray

Post by seray »

Hi there,

it is so interesting. The first post I did read and already I'm so looking forward to everything I'm gonna find out!

Seray

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

practical dreamer wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 17:45 Hi Michael, I love both as well but as you said - for very different reasons. My heart is very split between the two.

That's great, thank you for letting me know! I am away during some of the first week of August but if I can join either Charlie Browns TdM circle or your Thoth circle I would love to join. Having predominantly been studying RWS up until now, I'm fascinated by both.
I just saw this post. I closed the TdM Circle last night (Aug 6) but if I hear from you over the next day or two, I bet I can get you in. If not, there will be more opportunities and the Thoth is still signing up through the 12th, I think.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links